Chapter 35 ✓

Kevin's POV

I woke up and didn't see Hailey beside me. She might have went ahead. I opened the bathroom door, while yawning and hear someone scream. Hailey! I shut the door as an instinct.

"I know you're my boyfriend but that doesn't mean you can just have your way-"

"I WASN'T! I'm sorry, I thought you left!" I defended myself, I didn't even hear water running. 

I'll be ready when she opens that door and hits me really hard on the head. She opens the door and glares at me. I closed my eyes and waited. I didn't feel pain, but I felt her lips on mine. 

I slowly opened my eyes as we pull away. She smiles at me.

"Apology accepted, I thought you would've seen the lights open in there from the bottom of the door." She walk over to the bed and grabs her outfit. 

"I was half asleep and haven't even fully opened my eyes," I whispered as I hug her from behind and I hear a faint gasp. I smirk as I made her face me. She blushes and stares at me. I slowly lean forward as if to tease her and she blushes even more and looks away. I made her face me and her eyes widen. I stop when the space between us was just an inch apart and walked away. She stood there still processing what happened.

"Stupid." I hear her mumble. I look back and she rolls her eyes at me. I have no choice. I walked back to her and suddenly kiss her. She kisses back. Once we pull away I tell her to put some clothes on, holding the towel around her because it almost fell off.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I took my first class. Spanish, which I didn't know had any connection with economics and business but sure. If they told us about their history about trade and all that, I think I'd get it. I just don't see a situation where I had to speak an entire Spanish sentence in a meeting with mainly had its target market in the English-speaking population. 

Hailey went ahead to her class while me and John went into ours. Without Hailey, time goes terribly slow. Why is it so? Is it because love fools your mind?

Or is it because time is telling me that Hailey is the woman I should marry. You only live once and I want to live the rest of my life with her. 

John nudges me and asks if I was still listening to the lecture. I nod and just peeped at his notes and copied them.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I walked through the hallway to see Hailey laughing with a guy. They seemed to have a little more discussion between them and laugh louder. I walk faster and blocked their path. Hailey smiles at me and I smiled back, trying to hold back any other thoughts like what I thought this guy's intentions were.

Her smile slightly fades. Did I eye the guy down too much?

"This is Charles Ackerman," she introduced him. 

"Nice to meet you!" He holds his hand out to shake mine but I didn't bother, I still didn't know his agenda. I can't help but be cautious, especially after that whole Dave ordeal. He takes a step back instead. 

"Oh uhm, Charles, this is Kevin-"

"Her boyfriend," I cut her off emphasizing the label as I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her over to my side. He gives me a look and then turns to her. 

"Blink twice if you're in danger?" he says in a joking tone, which pissed me off. I wasn't going to do anything to hurt her again. 

"Are you insinuating that I'm abusive to her?"

"I was kidding, sorry. It's just that we're in college now, dude, I'm pretty sure that you didn't have to act like a high schooler anymore," he says rather bluntly. 

"I can't be protective of my girl?" I replied. 

"Protective and obsessive are two different things, buddy," he answers in a snarky tone. 

"Kevin." I hear Hailey whisper, warning me. "Don't."

I didn't say anymore as I guide Hailey out of there. 

"Please calm down," Hailey holds my hand.

"He says all that without even knowing the whole story," I say.

"Exactly, he doesn't know the whole story so can you be the bigger person and just take a deep breath first," she instructs me. 

"Well well well, what a beautiful couple," a familiar voice says behind us. We turned to see our friends there. 

"They're probably dating or something." Matt jokes. Hailey only laughed then hugs my arm and we head to our next class.

~End~