Chapter 24 ✓

~Kevin~

I looked at Hailey, contented that she was smiling. Laughing and all. She looks over me and notices me staring at her. We locked gazes until Dan nudges me.

"So you coming with us for the year-end party, Kevin?" He asks.

"What? Sure, are the girls coming?"

"Yes they are because we're the only people invited. It's a small hotel and spa out of town. A little celebration before college." He explains. He looks over at Fae. "And a little time to reward ourselves, right?" I shove him. These dudes are thinking with their dicks. 

I mean, they might have gotten that from me but I'd like to think I'm more responsible than them. They're bigger "players". They go all the way with the girls they're with. Except for John. He's always had his eyes on Emily.

"Who'll ask the girls then?" Matt snaps me back to reality.

"Ask us what?" Hailey and the others walk over to us. She grins at me as she rests her arms on my shoulder and her chin on the top of my head.

"To come with us in a year-end party, Hotel and spa," Matt explains to the girls.

"Oh my Geeee!" Emily screeches. "Yes! I need to removes these eyebags."

"And a little reward?" Matt winks at Claire while he gestures at his cheek. Claire walks over and kisses him on the cheek.

"Did I miss something?" Hailey gives the a confused face.

"Remember when the boys were courting us? Claire was the toughest to "crack" because she just agreed to date him yesterday," Emily explained as she gives us a sheepish smile.

"And now, I asked for my reward..a better one." Matt smirks and gestures at his lips. Claire smacks him on the head making us all laugh. Serves him right. 

The teacher enters the room and we quickly shuffled back to our seats. 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

We all went to the cafeteria. She was smiling again. I can't ignore the fact that she was smiling. She suddenly tensed. Stiffen. As if she just saw a ghost. She bowed her head down and covered her face using her hair

"You okay Hailey? What happened?" Claire asks her.

"H-He's here..." She stutters.

"Who is?" I ask holding her hand.

She points behind me since we were seating opposite each other. I looked to see who she was pointing at. It was the guy at the party.

"Why? What did he do?" Emily asks her as she rubs her back.

"A-At the party..."

"Yeah, what about it? I got rid of him."

"N-No, he said he was gonna come and get me. I can't get it out of my mind, all the scary things he'll-"

"I won't let that happen." I cut her off, standing up to defend her.

"Please, let's not make a scene," she pleads, cowering. "I'd rather you didn't get hurt, I'll just let karma handle him in my stead. Or corner him in a dark alley and douse him with pepper spray, just please."

"I'm not weaker than him," I clenched my fist.

"Hello Doll." The guy says, being behind us already. "I forgot to introduce myself at the party. I'm Dave Lorne."

I glared at him. "I think we'd rather not face you right now," I smiled at him but sarcastically. 

"Why? I thought that thing you two have was all an act? Rumors travel really fast," He smirks at Hailey. I shielded her from his view, pushing the guy away gently.

"Please leave while I'm still asking nicely." 

"Ohh, I get it, you're still not done with your free trial," he mocked, peeking behind me. I couldn't hold myself back anymore and gave Dave a hard punch. If everyone's attention wasn't already on us, it is now. 

"Stay away from Hailey," I warn him. I hugged Hailey so she doesn't have to see the guy's bloody nose. 

~End~