Chapter 38 ✓

~Hailey~

He could be anyone here. I look around the hall, absent-mindedly. I don't even know why I want to find him. He isn't anyone important. 

Someone gently taps me on the shoulder snapping me back to reality.

"Who are we spying on? Or looking for?" He asks. I turn to look. It was Charles. He was holding two bags. One was black and the other was red, kind of familiar.

"Who's bag is that?" I ask thinking whose it was.

"Yours." He replies holding in his laughter. I really don't remember. "You asked me to hold it before we left class. Then you spaced out and didn't listen to me"

I apologized and got my bag from him but ended up dropping his bag in the process. Things spilled out everywhere that I didn't expect he'd have. He scurried to pick it up and I just helped him without making any comments. He sighs and pulls me to a quiet side. 

"Okay, I'm gay but I'm not completely out of the closet. Some girls know, the girls that stared at you weirdly were either crushing on me or the ones that know and didn't want you to bully me or something."

"We live in a free world, the best thing we can do is not hurt and judge each other," I smiled, patting him on the back. "But since you're not okay with it, your secret is safe with me."

~End~