Chapter 14 ✓

~Hailey~

"So, how is it between the two of you?" John whispers to Kevin. 

"We're good for now," Kevin replies. Is it just me or are those two acting odd? Giving Kevin a second chance wasn't as bad as I expected, let's just hope that I wouldn't regret it. 

"I'll ask the dj to play a song that has a drop so when the drop comes I'd kiss you," Matt whispers to Claire and she shoves him, knowing that she has butterflies in her stomach. 

"Shut up," she tells him, embarrassed. 

"Isn't it a weird to kiss someone at a drop?  It'll be cheesier to kiss her while a slow song plays," John suggests then winks at Kevin, or maybe I was imagining things.

"We're here!" Emily squeals, she's the most excited in this car, if not the whole school.

"Calm down, Princess," John chuckles while Em pinches his cheeks. 

"My prince," She replies, being all cheesy with her tongue out and we all notice John frown, making the rest of us laugh. 

Prom went on as expected, we had a few drinks and danced a lot, or maybe that's the other way around. Prom was as magical as our seniors told us that it would be. I get pulled away from the girls when Debbie grabs me and brings me to a side. 

"Hey, how's prom going for you?" I smiled and hugged her. 

"It's going great but that's not what I'm here for," she says, giving me a sad smile. 

"What's wrong? You can hang out with us if you want," I offered. 

"It's not that, it's about Kevin," she paused, giving me an apologetic look before continuing. "He's playing with you. All those sweet talk he did to you? He's just getting you to say that you love him for a stupid bet," she sighed. I felt my whole world shatter. 

"That's insane, where did you hear this from?"

"Dan told one of my friends. Look, I'm just looking out for you and if what they said was true, they he's just playing around with you," she held my arms, shaking me lightly. I nod and thanked her before I headed back to the table, staying quiet for a bit. 

"Are you okay?" Kevin asks me, reaching for my hand. 

"Did you lie to me?" I asked back, slapping his hand away. This catches the attention of our friends. 

"What would I lie about?" he looked at me like I was being ridiculous. 

"About what you felt for me? Was this all for some bet?" I stabbed my finger onto his chest accusingly. 

"Not all of it," he blurts out, taking me aback. I felt the tears form in my eyes and the next thing I knew, my hand stung from slapping him across his face before I ran out of the building. 

I should've known better than to trust him.