Chapter 15 ✓

~Kevin~

I ran out after Hailey. I have to explain that she got it all wrong. I backed out of that bet before I had the chance to fuck it all up. I grabbed her hand and begged. 

"Let me explain," I pleaded. 

"No, I should've shut you out! I shouldn't have given you the chance to hurt me! Just leave me the fvck alone," she hissed at me. 

"Hailey, just give me a few minutes to explain myself."

"No means no! Why couldn't you have explained before? What was holding you back?"

"I couldn't bring myself to hurt you and lose all your trust."

"It happened anyways! Look at where we are. How long did you plan to hide it from me?"

"You're being so difficult, just let me explain," I hug her tight but she pushes me away, repeatedly hitting my chest. 

"I'm so tired of this. I'm tired of all this drama that you give me," she sobbed. "All of this was pretend, how would I be so sure that what you're about to tell me is not another one of your sick bets?"

I was silent as I let her shout at me. 

"I hate you. Go find another girl to mess with, I'm done with you and stupid chances," she wiped her tears as she walked away. 

I stayed still, letting her walk away. I messed it all up just because I thought that hiding it for a little while would help me out of it. I'm such a pathetic excuse of a man. 

I was snapped back to reality when see a flash approaching Hailey and it was as though my body moved by itself and I pushed her out of the way, feeling the sharp impact on myself. If that wasn't Karma, I don't know what is. My ears rung but I felt my head lifted up by someone. 

"Someone call an ambulance," her muffled voice shouted across the parking lot. It all happened so slow and so fast, a crowd formed around us and our friends were fumbling with their phones. My ears were still ringing so anything Hailey was saying about me was just inaudible. 

I tried to stay conscious but my eye lids felt heavy with each passing second.