Chapter 36 ✓

~Hailey~

I had to rush over to my Math class, almost tripping over. As I was about to go through the door I bumped into someone, dropping my books and fell back.  I hear whispers and a few muttering to each other.

I quickly tried to gather my things because I'd rather not make a fool out of myself in a new place.  Someone helps pick up my books and I looked up to see one hand in front of me.

"Need a hand?" He had a gentle voice, not too deep. I took his hand and he pulls me up. I looked behind him and seeing some girls eye me down. 

"Charles Ackerman, nice to meet you," He smiles at me, shaking my hand.

"Hailey Ford," He must be the heartthrob here, because from the looks of it, these girls would kill me the moment I turn around. Actually, I didn't even know people would have enough time to date or crush around in college. 

"Sorry about that," he says, probably referring to them. 

"It's fine, they're probably judging my amazing entrance on the first day."

With that, I was able to earn a little laugh from him. We made our way to our seats, well more like he asked the girl sitting next to him to switch seats. 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

After class ends, Charles offered to take me to my next class. He made it a bit more comfortable to adjust here in the new environment.  We were cut off with our jokes when someone blocks our path. It's Kevin.

I smile at him and he gives an expression that's a bit off. I stopped smiling and introduced Charles.

It went down really fast and I didn't like it. I appreciate that he's protecting me and it's admirable how he'd stand up for me especially after past events but I can handle myself too. I don't want to constantly feel powerless and needing to hide behind a man. 

I warned him and tried to get him to walk away from the conversation. I'd rather not have him uncontrollably angry because he'd be harder to calm down by then. I might also lose my tone and end up shouting back. 

I hold his hand in attempt to make him stop and calm down.

I told him to drop it and try to be the bigger person. Not everyone knows and understand the situation I was put in before but that doesn't give him the right to blow up in my stead. It's best to be rational about it. 

Thankfully he calmed down and our friends were able to distract us from what just happened. 

~End~

A/N

Hai~

So this chapter was just Hailey's POV from the last chapter. I kinda thought that if I did this you guys would understand the couple's POVs.

Bai~

~Scarlet