Chapter Two

I woke up to the sound of voices arguing. Keeping my eyes shut, I tried to figure out what was going on. Who was in my room? Why were they in my room? How did they get in my room? Maybe it was my mum and dad...

"How do we know if that is Khadi or not? She looks exactly the same..." said a boy. There was the sound of a slap and I heard the boy yelp.

            "Of course she looks exactly the same, Valcriea has mirror images with Earth," replied a girl. I recognised that voice, but no, it couldn't have been. What was Claire doing in my room?

            "Do we wake her then?" asked the boy. I recognised his voice as well, if I wasn't mistaken, that was Ward talking.

            "Wake her? Are you out of your mind? What if she's still Khadi? Do you want to wake Khadi, cause even I don't have the courage to do that," I was surprised by the tone of Claire's voice, she never spoke like that, she sounded sure of herself, like she knew she was in the right. She usually stammered and looked to me for help.

            "No," Ward sighed. "We'll just wait till she is awake." I swallowed, gathering up my courage to speak. I could hear their footsteps getting quieter and quieter, meaning they were walking away.

            "I'm awake you know," I expected my voice to be strong, but instead it came out a weak whisper. Their footsteps stopped and I pushed myself up so I was sitting, opening my eyes. That was when I realised, I wasn't in my room. I wasn't anywhere I recognised either. I could hear a loud scream around me and tried to figure out where it was coming from, only to become conscious I was the one screaming.

            Claire rushed to my side, whispering soothing words to me, trying to shut me up while Ward groaned and stayed by the door. Finally I stopped screaming, still breathing heavily. I looked around. I seemed to be in a giant king sized bed, not my old small single one, with red velvet covers and big black pillows. A post went up at each corner and lush red drapes hung down around the bed. There was two big black sofas around a glass coffee table by the fireplace. There was a large window, taking up the whole of the right hand side wall and the long red curtains had been drawn back and tied with room revealing an amazing view.

            Buildings made from glass were everywhere. Tall ones, small ones, all glittering as the sun hit them. Rows of stone houses side by side shadowed the streets where I could see people moving. There were no roads, to my surprise, and I could see different coloured glittering balls of light floating through the air. In the distance I could see hills rolling for miles and miles.

            "Beautiful isn't it," Claire said, smiling at me. I nodded and continued to stare out the window, not caring about the fact I had no idea where I was.

            "Yeah, yeah, so bloody beautiful, it's amazing! We have work to do," Ward said sarcastically, making me glance at him in surprise, he never spoke like that. Claire glared at him and he returned it with a glare of his own.

            "Let her recover first, Sayer," Claire said, making me frown. Sayer? Why was she calling Ward, Sayer?

            "Hey, Claire, why-" I tried to speak but Claire soon interrupted me.

            "Call me Dwynwen," she said smiling. 

            "Dwynwen? Claire, what the hell are you on about?" I asked, staring at her incredulously.

            Claire sighed, "I'm Dwynwen, that's Sayer." She pointed at Ward.

            I shook my head, "No, no, no. You're Claire, that's Ward."