Chapter Nine

It couldn't be true. I must have made some mistake. Andor Valithor couldn't have saved me.

I tried to think logically about my problem, but that was the thing, thinking logically about my problem, only brought loads of other problems with it. How could I kill someone who had saved my life?

Sayer and Dwynwen were in front arguing. Sayer seemed to want to go left while Dwynwen argued it was quicker to go right. Ariadne, meanwhile, seems to be picking flowers and twirling them around, in her own little world. I wished I could do that.

Too caught up with thoughts of Andor, I ended up walking straight into Sayer, who yelped and turned to steady me before I tripped. Why was I so clumsy?

"Hehe... You stopped..." I said, blushing furiously. Sayer raised a brow then rolled his eyes, looking back down at the map. Dwynwen grabbed the map off him and turned it around, stating the reason Sayer couldn't direct them properly was because he was holding the map the wrong way round. Sayer argued the map could go anyway round and Dwynwen asked if you usually read words upside down. Sayer had no retort to this.

The bush behind Sayer and me suddenly rustled was quick to extend his arm and shove me behind him protectively. I didn't argue, just kept silent. What if Andor came out the bushes? I wanted answers, yes, but I didn't want Sayer and Dwynwen to know we had met. Did I want who ever it was to be Andor? Yes. No. I didn't know. I wanted to see him, to talk to him, for him to explain things to me. But if it was him, Would Sayer and Dwynwen expect me to harm him? I wouldn't be able to harm him, not after he saved my life.

Unfortunately, and luckily, it wasn’t Andor who appeared, but another boy. The boy was tall and looked… wow; I had never seen anyone quite like him. I gasped in shock, the boy wasn’t hot, he was hotter than hot. Short, spiky brown hair flicked in front of his scintillating blue eyes. He sent me a smile, showing his dazzling white teeth, and winked at me, making me blink twice quickly. No offence to Sayer and Andor, but their looks just didn’t compare to this boy. He looked like a bloody angel. No, hotter than an angel. Words couldn’t describe him. Sexy, handsome, alluring, I could of stared at him all day. That was, until Sayer hit my hard in the stomach making me choke.

“What the hell was that for!” I gasped, glaring at him.

“You were gaping at the fairy.” He replied simply, turning back to look at the boy in disgust.

Fairy? He’s a fairy?” I asked in disbelief. Fairy. When said what comes to my mind is a small, sweet thing with wings. Yes, I had heard from Dwynwen, Sayer and Ariadne fairies were beautiful creatures, but this beautiful; you had to be kidding me. What I would have given to look like that I didn’t know.

“Yep, well done genius, and- Dwynwen!” Sayer turned his attention from me to gaping Dwynwen. Sayer rolled his eyes and slapped her, making her yelp and draw out her dagger to defend herself. Once realizing it was Sayer who slapped her, she cursed at him and slipped her dagger back into it’s hold.

Fairy boy chuckled, “Looks like you’re lost,” he said, raising a brow.

Dwynwen nodded, “We are, could you-“

“-We’re fine, we don’t need a fairy's help,” Sayer cut in smoothly.

“Really? That’s a pixie you have back there,” fairy boy said, pointing at Ariadne who was now blushing furiously.

 “I am perfectly aware of what she is,” Sayer said, pushing me in front of him and pulling Dwynwen to follow. Something told me Sayer didn’t like this fairy boy, sweet sarcasm, which Sayer was full of. I dodged Sayer’s push, making him stumble forward, and walked towards the fairy boy.