Chapter Fifteen

I turned back to find Sayer, only to find out Jasmine and him had disappeared somewhere into the mass of people. I sighed, dances really weren't my thing. Wondering onto the dance floor, I dodge the 'grinders' and headed towards the more relaxed dancers, I really hated being grinded into by complete strangers. Most people ignored me, but a few sent me a weird look because I was alone. I smiled weakly in return, trying not to be bothered by the fact I couldn't find Andor. Surely he wouldn't stand me up, would he? He was an Valithor...

"I can't believe this place is unguarded, I mean, seriously, anyone could get in. Even I got in. This is mad." I couldn't help the smile that made it's way onto my face at the sound of his voice, I didn't know what was wrong with me, but I just felt alive when he was around, like I was still on Earth.

I turned around and Andor smirked at me. "Told you I would find you," he said. His black hair was tousled as if he hadn't been bothered to brush it and his gold eyes were as intense as ever. He looked familiar, at first glance I wouldn't have recognized him, but now looking at him I definitely knew it was him. His black suit was immaculate, unlike Zane's that had been stained from his drink before we left the hotel. Andor's mask was dark blue, matching mine, and had silver gems lining the edges. He offered his hand to me and I took it, my face heating up as he led me through the crowd. 

To my surprise, I recognized the music, it was only slightly different. There was one song which sounded oddly similar to 'Moves Like Jagger' except it said "Move it, Jagged.' or something like that. Probably because there was no Mick Jagger in Valcriea. I also recognized a song similar to 'Domino' except it had this random extract the Earth version didn't.

"Where are your friends? I thought Dwynwen and Sayer watched over you like hawks," Andor asked, glancing around trying to locate them.

 I shrugged, "They kind of disappeared on me, not that I'm bothered, they're becoming slightly annoying."

Andor nodded understandingly, "Sounds like my sister." We lapsed into silence, Andor watching the dancers and laughing whenever someone made a mistake while I looked around for Sayer, Ariadne or Dwynwen. Where were they? A shout made me turn to see a girl with black hair leaving the dance plaza. I frowned, I was sure I recognized her...

"Anyone could get in. Even I got in." Andor's words came back to me. Anyone could get in. Did that mean other Thariels could get in? The thought made me panic but I soon calmed down when I realized Andor was their leader, and as long as I was on his good side, I wouldn't be harmed, right? But what about Sayer? Dwynwen? Ariadne?

"They really can't dance," Andor chuckled.

I frowned at him. "And you can?"

He pretended to be shocked by my words, "Why of course I can! Don't tell me someone such as yourself cannot dance." My gaze quickly shot to the floor, my face flushing bright red. I couldn't dance, at all. Worse of all, I was in heels tonight, meaning there was even less chance of me not making a fool of myself.

Andor grabbed my hand, pulling me towards the dance floor, "You can't dance can you?" He asked, smirking.

I adverted my gaze from him, "Of course I can."

"You shouldn't have any trouble keep up with me then," He said, pulling me into the mass of people all dancing complicated steps. There were girls being twirled around in the air, people moving their feet faster than I thought was possible and others doing intricate dances moves all in unison. I gaped at them, hopefully Andor wasn't as good as her perceived himself to be. Taking my hand, he twirled me quickly, catching me as I tripped on my heels.

He laughed, "Sorry, but you can't dance."

I rolled my eyes. "There are more important things in life," I muttered.