Chapter Twenty

Ryan held me the whole time I cried. He didn’t ask questions he just stood there and told me it was going to be okay. I didn’t know why I was crying, I guess I had just had enough and now it was all coming out. All my heartbreak, confusion, pain, it was all coming out in that moment when I broke down.

Knowing Ryan was there for me helped, even if Andor’s words still stung me. I had to get over him. He was just a boy. A boy who saved my life, I had been sentenced to kill, I had wrecked my life for and I was now falling in love with. Why him? What drew me to him? Yes, he was hot, but his personality was darn confusing. One moment he was cocky, fun to be around and teasing me and the next he was angry, offending me and all secretive. Why did he have a split personality? I guess it had something to do with his up bringing, he was a mass murderer after all… Like that helped my thoughts.

I was falling in love with a mass murderer.

“Morgana?” Ryan leant away from me, raising my head with his hand gently so he could look me in the eye. He smiled sadly, “Are you okay now?”

“As okay as I can be,” I replied, wiping the tears off my face, embarrassed he had seen me cry. I looked away to the floor where the imprints of Andor’s footsteps remained, glaring back at me.

“There’s no shame in crying,” Ryan told me, putting an arm around my shoulders, “Crying proves you can feel, that your heart isn’t made of stone.” I looked at him, his kind green eyes staring down at me, telling me it was going to be okay, giving me hope. At least someone believed in me.

“And you cry all the time I bet,” I replied, smiling slightly.

“Of course,” He snickered, “But I don’t fall down."

I frowned, “Fall down? I didn’t fall down.” Suddenly Ryan kicked my feet making me trip and fall backwards. I squealed and he caught me easily, smirking at me as I wrapped my arms around his neck, trying to steady myself. “Hey! You tripped me!”

“Really?” Ryan inquired innocently, his eyes growing wide, “I’m terribly sorry, but from my point of view, you fell.”

I rolled my eyes, “Whatever, help me up.”

“Of course, my Lady,” He bowed his head and pulled me up to standing position again. Sheesh, back to the ‘My Lady’ crap again, I thought we’d been over this.

“It’s Mor-“

“I know, Morgana, your expression is just so funny when I call you my Lady,” Ryan chuckled. I slapped him gently on the chest and walked forwards. He slung his arm over my shoulder and began singing to himself. He didn’t have talent for singing like Andor though, so I found myself constantly trying not to laugh. Soon he began shouting instead of singing, which had me hanging my head in the hopes no one was watching. Eventually I elbowed him roughly and he finally stopped.

“Oh, how I’ve missed Davante,” Ryan said, more to himself than me.

“How long has it been?” I asked, not wanting to sound nosy.

“Hmm, five years I think. I doubt Jayden knows who I am. I’m surprise Hayden isn’t with him, he usually takes Hayden everywhere with him, since her disability and everything…” Ryan trailed to an end with a sigh.

“It’s not your fault what happened to Hayden,” I said quietly.

Ryan shook his head, “It is, and Jayden has every reason to hate me and-“

“Wow, finally admitting it are we?” Someone interrupted Ryan smoothly. I jumped and turned around. Ryan’s arm slipped from my arm, but he didn’t turn around to face the person, by my guess, he already knew who it was.