Chapter Eleven

We came out of the shops with surprisingly, no bags. Some witch at Splendor had put a spell on our shopping, enwrapping it in a small box that could fit in our pockets and weighed nothing. Dwynwen and Ariadne didn't seem impressed by it, but I couldn't stop gaping, which really annoyed them, especially since I was meant to be Khadi, but I just couldn't help it.  

Walking out the shops, Dwynwen carried on and on with her plans for the dance. She talked about the dresses, mask, shoes, make-up and then started on Cashel, how he was so amazing and so hilarious and so kind. Personally, I just wanted to tape her mouth shut. The clothes and accessories I was fine with, but Cashel? Cashel just did my head in. Cashel this and Cashel that, she needed to get a life. It also didn't help knowing how Sayer felt; I just wanted to scream in her face that she could try not to hurt Sayer so badly. But then why shouldn't she get on with her life?  

"Dwynwen," I interrupted her, making her glance at me questioningly, "Have you noticed any... changes, in Sayer?"  

Dwynwen's expression became guarded, "Changes? Apart from the fact he's being down right rude? Wait, he's always like that, so no. It's as if Cashel is a male Jasmine. I am not him, I don't date two timers."  

I rolled my eyes, "Are you blind?" I asked incredulously. Dwynwen raised an eyebrow, obviously not understand what I was getting at. "He helps you, he doesn't help anyone else. He looks at you, all the time and never ignores you like he does to Ariadne and I. He listens to you and-" 

"What exactly are you getting at?" Dwynwen asked impatiently.  

I gaped at her, how could she not know? It was obvious to me and I had only just met them a few days ago! I turned to see if Ariadne was listening, but luckily, she wasn't. She wasn't off in her own world for once, though, she seemed to be staring at a boy across the street. I shrugged, not taking any notice in why she was staring, turning back to Dwynwen. 

"He loves you Dwynwen," I said, urging Dwynwen to understand or at least have a bit of emotion in her expression. Instead, she remained the same, guarded and glaring at me. 

"Your point?" She asked, her tone harsh. I had to restrain myself from actually punching her in the face, something that made me see once again, she was not Claire. I might have hurt Claire with words, but under no circumstances would I go to hit her. Was Dwynwen actually trying to wind me up? 

"You're hurting him! Do you not care?" I shouted, my hands clenched into fists. 

"Do I care? Of course I bloody care! Out of all our group, Khadi, Ianthe, Melissa, Zane and Sayer, I was always closest to Sayer. We did everything together, trained, fought, even when we went out on missions, we would always go together. He-He... I don't know what you want me to say, Morgana! What should I say? That I love him? Well I do! I love him! Is that what you wanted to hear? But I can't go off chasing something that I can never have!" Dwynwen cried, waving her hands around frantically, "Sayer and I can't be together, so at least I can try to be happy with Cashel! Or are you like him, believing I'm not allowed to try to be happy?" 

"I-I-I... yes, I think you should be happy but-" 

"But? There's always a but isn't there? What's it now? I shouldn't hurt Sayer so badly? Well maybe he should bloody get on with his life!" Dwynwen turned away from me, looking at Ariadne who was still eyeing up the boy across the street. 

The boy turned around and I got to see him clearer. His jet-black hair was messy and looked as if he hadn't brushed it in days. His emerald green eyes shone so bright I could see them clearly from where I was standing. He wore a short-sleeved plain blue t-shirt, showing off his muscles and black shorts. When he noticed us he smiled a lopsided smile, coming up at the right and dropping slightly at the left. He waved and Dwynwen and I exchanged confused expressions. Ariadne, however, waved back.