Chapter Five

"This map doesn't work! It's all.. wrong!" complained Sayer, scrunching the map into a ball and chucking it over his shoulder.

"Well done! Now we have no way of getting out of here, let alone finding the Thariels!" Ariadne shouted at him, running back to unfold the map. She stared down at it, trying to flatten out the creases.

"This is pleasant," sighed Dwynwen, taking the lead through the forest.

I stayed behind her, trying to ignore the shouting from Sayer and Ariadne as they argued about who's fault it was we were lost in Ezalfar forest. We left an hour ago, following Ariadne's map. We had gotten as far as the bush shaped like a bird when we started going in circles. We passed Eza Lake several times before ending up at the collection of rocks making some sort of cave which could collapse any minute. Then we passed three trees in a triangular shape which lead to the small flower field which took us back to the bird bush and back to Eza Lake.

"I told you we should of taken a right!" Ariadne rolled her eyes and shoved the map into Sayer's hands.

"We did take a right you idiot! We should of taken a left!" Sayer clenched his hands into fists, crumpling the map. Dwynwen gently eased it from his hands, looking thoughtfully down at it.

"Well, I don't care which way we take," I said, "My feet are killing me and I just wanna get out of here."

"Right," Ariadne said at the same time Sayer said, "Left." Ariadne went to the right while Sayer turned left, leaving Dwynwen and me in the middle, looking helplessly at one another.

Dwynwen looked down at the map and said, "We went right last time, Sayer 's right, and it lead us in a circle, but-"

"Ha! I told you, stupid pixie!" Sayer said, smirking and folding his arms, he really could be childish at times.

"But-" Dwynwen tried to continue but Ariadne soon cut her off.

"At least I didn't have a bloody tantrum because I couldn't read the map!" She shouted, wiping the smirk off Sayer's face.

"But-" I could hear the annoyance in Dwynwen's tone, Sayer and Ariadne weren't listening to her and she was getting angry.

"Well at least I remembered which way we went," Sayer glared at Ariadne.

"Will you listen to me you fools!" Dwynwen shouted, stomping her foot. Sayer and Ariadne quickly shut up, turning to face Dwynwen. Sayer put his hands behind his back, sending Ariadne small glares out of the corner of his eyes. Ariadne stood with her head held high, ignoring Sayer's attempts to piss her off.

"I was just saying, yes we went right all those times taking us in circles but left is a dead end, see for yourselves," Dwynwen said, shaking her headas Eveline stuck her tongue out at Sayer.

I sighed, "So we go straight through the bushes." I pushed my way through the bushes, the branches tugging on my black, sleeveless top. My denim shorts - yes they had denim over here - snagged on a thorn and I groaned at the sound of a rip. Looking down, I saw a trickle of blood running down my leg and a gash in my shorts near the bottom. I continued pushing my way through until something sparked in front of me and I screamed.

"Whoa! Calm down! It's just me," Ariadne said, holding out her hand. I eyed her up hesitantly, how the hell had she moved so fast? Seeing my confused expression, Ariadne said, "Invisibility, remember, also lets me walk through things." She smirked and I heard Sayer make some remark from behind me about pixies being science experiments gone wrong. Ariadne helped me through the thorn bushes and I sighed looking down at my blood soaked and torn shorts.

"Hmm, we can fix that," Ariadne nodded to herself and bent down to look at my shorts. She grabbed a sharp thorn off the bush and started to tear them even more.