Chapter Twenty Five

As the next day came, we were faced with the challenge of planning how to attack Tharielon. Ianthe, of course, being who he was, decided he was the best person to lead this, which pissed off Jayden.

We were all sitting round a campfire Dwynwen had made, well, everyone except Cozae who had gone missing yet again. Sayer and Dwynwen sat nearest the tents. Sayer seemed to be ignoring Dwynwen, facing diagonally away from her towards me while Dwynwen tried to get his attention with small gestures such as holding his hand or resting her head on his shoulder. None of this got his attention though, he just continued to stare stonily ahead.

Melissa and Zane sat either side of Ianthe who had now launched into a full speech about why we had to offer Andor up as bait to Thariels. Jayden, who was sitting separate from the rest of us, looked unconvinced and kept interrupting to Ianthe's annoyance.

I sat opposite Sayer, in between Ryan and Andor, which was slightly uncomfortable where my feelings where concerned. Ryan kept whispering in my ear and I noticed when he did this Andor tensed up next to me. Andor didn't seemed to be paying much attention, he hadn't spoken once, offered any opinions or contradicted Ianthe, which was strange.

"Shut up, mutt," Ianthe spat at Jayden, who leaned forward, as if he was about to change into a wolf, "As I was saying, offer Andor to the Valithors to make them let us in then-"

"Not much of a surprise," Ryan cut in, folding his arms.

"I didn't ask for your opinion, sprite," Ianthe retorted, getting up and pacing round the fire. I sighed and rested my head on my hand, waiting for them all to stop arguing. It had been around two hours and we had gotten no where apart from offering Andor up as bait, which I didn't really like the idea of. 

"Ianthe," Zane spoke up and Ianthe turned around, nodding for Zane to continue, "If you think about it, Andor is the only one who knows his way around Tharielon so-"

"An excellent point you make, Zane!" Ianthe cried, smiling enthusiastically. Ryan and I exchanged an infuriated look, we had been complaining about that for ages and he hadn't listened at all! "So that's why we'll be offering up Morgana as bait instead."

"What?!" I cried as Sayer, Dwynwen, Andor and Ryan shouted in unison, "No!"

Ianthe rolled his eyes, "Fine then, we'll offer-"

"Offer up one more person and we'll be offering up you to get killed first," hissed Sayer. It was the first time he had spoken all day, it seemed Andor and him were off in their own world of thoughts.

"Fine, fine, chill Sayer," Ianthe replied, waving his hand lazily at Sayer, "So, my next great plan is we break into the castle and-"

"Just how do you plan to break into the castle?" I interjected.

Ianthe glared at me, "By breaking in, idiot. Now let me continue, you're not Khadi, you've got no say in this." His words stung me, how could I not have a day in this. Everyone had a say in this, it wasn't Ianthe's great adventure, it was our war. It was our war and I didn't know what side the boy I loved was on. No matter what he chose, I knew I had to fight on.

"You can't just break into a Thariel castle! I doubt they'd leave it that insecure," I retorted.

"Shut up, Morgana, I know how to break into buildings-"

"This isn't a building!" I cried in frustration, "This is a castle with a lot of security and-"

"You come from Earth, your points aren't valid, you know nothing about Thariels and-"

"She doesn't know much, but I do," Andor interrupted him. Ianthe fell silent, giving Andor a death glare, "She's right as well, you won't be able to 'break in' to a Thariel castle. Also, Ariadne will be in the main castle, where my father is and with the Hunters attacking they'll have full protection up."