chapter zero!

𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖎𝖗𝖊, 𝖟𝖊𝖗𝖔

*    *    *

*    *    *

After a long day at work (yes, she managed to keep the job, only by the skin of her teeth!) Isabelle received a call from Lydia that the strawberry blonde was going to pick her up after her shift so they could go and pick their other friend, Allison, up together after she makes her return to Beacon Hills.

Isabelle immediately agreed, not having seen the brunette since she left for France after her mother died at the end of the school year. Although they may have had spats at the end before she left, they reconciled over their separation and couldn't wait to see each other again.

There were lots of hugs and a few tears of joy (that would be strongly denied, mascara is too expensive!) when the trio had reunited at the airport.

The three females were in conversation inside a car on their way back into Beacon Hills, California. Lydia was back on her match making and was trying to persuade Allison into agreeing to go on a double date with her and two guys she knows insisting that they both needed cheering up after Allison and Scott's break up as well as Lydia's final break with Jackson who fled to London. Isabelle, the only blonde in the car had flat out refused when being offered.

"It is not a double date. It is a group thing," Lydia looked at her best friend with a twinkle in her eyes that almost made Allison give in to the date.

"Do they know it's a group thing? 'Cause I told you that I'm not ready to get back out there,"

"You were in France and didn't do any dating for four months?" Lydia was appalled at the thought of her friend going that long surrounded by French boys and not even having a single fling.

"Did you? I mean, after..."

"Do not say his name," Lydia breathed heavily, not wanting the subject of her ex to be brought up, especially after the way they had left things.

"Is he okay? I mean, did everything work out?"

"Well, the doctors looked like total idiots when he turned up alive, but everyone got over it. And yes, Derek taught him the werewolf 101, like how not to randomly kill people during a full moon," Isabelle answered for Lydia.

"So then you've talked to him?" Allison turned to her friend, not wanting to upset her but desperately needing to know that her old friend was okay.

"Uh, not since he left for London,"

"You mean since his dad moved him to London," Allison made sure she emphasised the correction so Lydia doesn't feel as bad about what happened.