chapter twenty six!

𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖙𝖍, 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖎𝖝

* * *

*    *    *

* * *

(  𝖘𝖑𝖊𝖊𝖕𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖘  )

Stiles and Isabelle had been dating now for about a month and honestly, neither of them could be happier. They worked through a few issues to do with Stiles' deception over her brother, but with Dan's explanation, it helped speed the process up.

Of course, when their friends found out, there was a certain buzz in the air with the joy of good news for the group instead of the normal bad news they seemed to  constantly receive.

But despite the good news, the group was suffering terribly. Scott, with his new alpha powers and status was struggling to keep his wolf side under control and found himself hallucinating his transformation and had dreaded dreams of losing what little control he had and causing mayhem for their home town.

Allison wasn't much better although she didn't have to deal with supernatural control. She too was hallucinating but hers were focusing on the dead. Her psychotic aunt Kate was currently haunting the huntress vivdly, causing the brunette to be on high alert constantly and her nerves being shaken.

Perhaps the worst affected person would be Stiles himself. Despite his new girlfriend (whom he loved very much), he suffered from night terrors almost every night, panic attacks on the regular and an overwhelming feeling of absolute dread that seemed to appear at random.

In usual Stilinski fashion, he kept these symptoms to himself as much as he could. His father, who was newly introduced to the Supernatural work of Beacon Hills, found himself having to rush into his son's room most nights and wake him from his screaming state as he thrashed about in bed.

Seeing as Dan had a rule that Elle had to be back at the house at eleven (in typical protective big brother fashion) the couple kept to the rule but then stayed up later to talk through their windows.

One night, both he and Elle left their windows open after talking through them for an hour. Elle was awoken by screaming that seemed to come from outside. The blonde frowned and walked over to the window to see what the commotion was. As she looked out, she could see her boyfriend thrashing about as the Sheriff tried to calm him down and wake him up.

Elle just stared at the situation with her mouth open, what could she do then? He seemed to have woken up and was being consoled by his dad who acted as if this was a regular thing. She went back to bed with thoughts swirling round her head on why he never said anything.