chapter one!

𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖎𝖗𝖊, 𝖔𝖓𝖊

* * *

*   *   *

* * *

( 𝖙𝖆𝖙𝖙𝖔𝖔 )

"What the hell?!" Isabelle exclaimed, dropping her bag and rushing towards his waiting arms. Dan chuckled and lifted her up, spinning his little sister in the air. Elle squealed in delight and buried her head in his neck like she used to do when they were younger.

After a very awkward dismissal from their parents, Isabelle helped to carry Daniel's bags to his childhood bedroom. As soon as the door was closed and they knew they were safe from the parents listening in, Elle shoved Dan. "Where the hell have you been and why can't you ever answer your phone?"

Daniel sighed and dropped his bags. "It's complicated, I don't want to get you involved."

Elle crossed her arms. "I'm your sister, I'm already involved."

Dan sat on his bed and patted the space next to him for her to join. "I couldn't stay here. You know how bad our parents are, and there are other factors involved."

"Like what?"

"I can't tell you. I need you out of this."

Elle raised an eyebrow. There was only so much drama going on in Beacon Hills that could only point to the supernatural. But there was no way her brother was involved in that. He left town months before any attack.

Elle nodded in acceptance and stood up. "I'll leave you to it then." She left the room to go her own, unable to sleep.

* * *

The next morning, Isabelle woke up unbelieving that her brother was back. There was knock at the door of her room before it swung open to reveal Daniel, with a tray in his hand full of breakfast. She grinned wildly at him as he smirked, knowing she still loved being as much as he remembered.

He sat on her bed as they both began to eat, talking about everything and nothing all at once. Dan finished his mouthful and pondered for a moment. "Do you and Lydia still get lifts together?"

Elle sent him a questioning look but nodded as her mouth was preoccupied with pancakes."We have to. I don't exactly have a car anymore if you didn't notice."

"Yeah, what's up with that?"

Elle rolled her eyes in fondness. "Just before Sophomore year, Jackson decided to take my car for a spin because god forbid he do it to his Porsche. Long story short, he crashed it and I can't afford a new one. It's why I've been working so much."