chapter thirty six!

𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖙𝖍, 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖎𝖝

*    *    *

*    *    *

(  𝖗𝖎𝖉𝖉𝖑𝖊𝖉  )

Elle and Dan made a quick move to the police station. They burst through the doors, spotting the exact person they needed to see.

"Agent McCall!"

The man in question looks up from his discussion with Melissa. "Can I help you?"

Elle smiled at Melissa who gave the girl a pitied look. "Actually, we can help you." Dan butted in before Elle could.

"We know where Stiles is."

*    *    *

The four of them were in Agent McCall's car. The Nightly siblings agreed to go with the adults as a way to navigate them to where they need to go. Elle also wanted to use the lights on the car to help get them there quicker.

"So what are you saying?" Melissa asked from the front.

The siblings shared a look. "I'm saying the real question might be, how do we know he's not still asleep?"

"You mean he's been asleep the whole time?" The nurse asked,

"Well, people who sleepwalk can do crazy things. One guy goes down to the kitchen and cooks an entire meal. Another guy is found mowing his lawn naked." Dan said, leaning forward to hear the two in the front a bit better.

"Why's any of that matter?"

Agent McCall seemed to click onto their point, "Remember that townhouse apartment we lived in? There was that one night I came home drunk-"

"Oh, one night?"

"Let me finish. So I'm drunk, passed out on the bed. I get up to go to the bathroom. Then all of a sudden I hear you yelling 'What the hell are you doing?'"

"Because you were in the closet peeing into the laundry basket."

"Yeah, I thought it was the bathroom."

"Oh, no, you were drunk off your ass."

"Yeah, But I was convinced it was the bathroom."