chapter twenty four!

𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖎𝖗𝖊, 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

*    *    *

*    *    *

( 𝖊𝖓𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖙 𝖔𝖓𝖊 )

Isabelle smiled to herself stupidly as she got through the front door. Her parents were out luckily, so she made her way to the kitchen and opened the fridge. She sighed and stomped her feet in a strop at the lack of food.

She just picked up a bottle of water and closed the door. The bottle flew out of her hand as a scream escaped her throat. Dan was leaning against the side with his hands in his pockets. He was obscured from view when the fridge door was opened but smirked when he made his sister jump.

Elle glared at him, punching him in the arm before bending down to pick up the bottle. Her brother continued to smirk. He held a hand out, "Come on, let me show you something."

She begrudgingly took his hand and he lead her to the garden. They sat on the path surrounded by grass. She looked at him unamused. "What?"

Daniel rolled his eyes at his sister and held his palm up resting on his knees. He pulled out a small, delicate, silver dagger from his pocket. He dragged a small harsh line across the palm of his left hand and watched as it bled freely.

Elle snatched up his hand, holding it tightly to stop the bleeding. "What the hell are you doing?! Do you know how stupid that is? There are so many nerves, tendons and blood vessels in the palm of your hand that you could permanently damage. It really annoys me when people in films do this because it's so reckless."

Dan smirked. "I'm proving something."

Elle scoffed, not realising her hands were once again glowing as she stared at her brother's smug smirk. "And what's that?"

"You are very good at healing." Isabelle looked at him confused u TIL he nodded down to the hand she was still clasping. She let go slowly, realising the wound had completely disappeared without any sign of redness, almost as if it had never happened.

She snatched her hand away, not bothered by the left over blood that covered her fingers. "What the hell was that?"

Dan gave her a sincere smile for once, "Magic."