chapter fifteen!

𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖎𝖗𝖊, 𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

*    *    *

*    *    *

(  𝖈𝖚𝖗𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖘  )

After the absolute car crash that was the Ouija board (Elle totally wasn't rocking an 'I told you so' look towards Stiles who rolled his eyes playfully back at her) Stiles' next idea was to pull out a set of keys.

He swayed them in front of Lydia as she and her best friend stared at him like he was a dork. "These are Deaton's keys to the Clinic. Close your eyes. I'll put them in your hand and you try to get a feel for his location. It's called psychometry."

Lydia raised an eyebrow. "I'm not psychic."

"You're something!" Stiles shouted, frustrated with her uncooperative attitude, "Try, okay?"

Lydia closed her eyes and held out her hand. Stiles placed the keys in her palm. "Ooh." She gasped as soon as she touched them.

"What?" Stiles asked, getting excited.

Lydia shrugged, playing with them in her hands. "They're cold."

Stiles scrunched up his face in annoyance, face palmed then took deep breaths. "Lydia, concentrate. Trying to save lives here." She closed her eyes again and wrapped her fingers over the keys, brow furrowed in concentration. "What do you see?"

After a moment, she opened her eyes and shook her head. "Nothing. Absolutely nothing." She breathe out, now annoyed at herself.

*    *    *

Stiles held up a simple number two pencil. "Automatic writing?"  Elle guessed.

Stiles nodded. Skeptical, Lydia took the pencil and pressed the tip to a sheet of paper. Elle, Cora and Stiles peered over her shoulders, watching her draw. "What the hell's that?" Stiles asked.

"A tree." Lydia answered simply. She smiled down at a skillfully drawn leafless tree.

"It's very good." Elle added, lips pursed.

Stiles gaped at the blonde before turning back to Lydia, "You're supposed to write words. Like a location. Something that would tell us where he is."

Lydia carried on drawing. "Maybe you should have said that."

Cora scoffed at the redhead and sent a dirty look to the blonde next to her. She leant closer to Stiles yet again to whisper in his ear. "I thought these girls were some kinds of geniuses?"

Lydia rolled her eyes, also fed up of the Hale like the blonde. "Genius, yes. Psychic, no. Honestly, I don't know why you're bothering with me anyway. Especially when it's completely obvious that you should be talking to Danny."