chapter twenty eight!

𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖙𝖍, 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

* * *

*    *    *

* * *

(  𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖘  )

During a free period they all had, the group decided to sit outside and try and work out what was wrong with them all. Isaac, Allison and Lydia sat opposite Scott, Stiles and Isabelle on a bench in the sun. Stiles had one of his hands entertained with Elle's as she scribbled away in her notepad, completing homework for next period.

"Okay, so what happens to a person who has a near-death experience and comes out of it seeing things?" Scott asked them all, interrupting Isabelle's concentration.

"And is unable to tell what's real or not?" Stiles added.

"And is being haunted by demonic visions of dead relatives?" Allison finished.

Isaac shrugged, looking between the three. "They're all locked up because they're insane."

Stiles glared at the beta werewolf. "Ha. Can you at least try to be helpful, please?"

Isaac scowled back at the human. "For half my childhood, I was locked in a freezer. So, being helpful is kind of a new thing for me."

Stiles rolled his eyes. "Hey, dude, are you still milking that?" Isabelle nudged her boyfriend in the ribs for his lack of consideration.

"Yeah, maybe I am still milking that." Isaac spat.

Isabelle looked up again when the sun was suddenly blocked from her view so she didn't need to squint. It was the girl who was introduced in their history class, Kira. "Hi. Hi, sorry. I couldn't help overhearing what you guys were talking about. And I think I actually might know what you're talking about. There's a Tibetan word for it. It's called 'Bardo.' It literally means 'in-between state.' The state between life and death."

Lydia smiled falsely at her. "And what do they call you?"

"Kira." Scott answered quickly, causing everyone's head to snap at him. Elle raised her eyebrows in surprise while Allison had to keep away the small amount of jealousy she felt. "She's in our History class."

Isabelle turned back to the new girl, leaning forward. "So are you talking Bardo in Tibetan Buddhism or Indian?"

Kira smiled at the blonde and perched on the space on the bench next to Elle when she shuffled over to make room. "Either, I guess. But all the stuff you guys were just saying? All that happens in Bardo. There are different progressive states where you can have hallucinations. Some you see, some you just hear. And you can by visited by peaceful and wrathful deities."