chapter thirteen!

𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖎𝖗𝖊, 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

*    *    *

*    *    *

( 𝖒𝖔𝖙𝖊𝖑 𝖈𝖆𝖑𝖎𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖆 )

Ethan hurried down the stairs to the first floor with Stiles, Elle, Lydia and Allison trying to keep up. "Didn't you hear what I just said? I don't remember how I got there or what I was doing."

Stiles shouted, "Hey, you could be a little more helpful, you know? We did just save your life."

Ethan sighed, "And you probably shouldn't have." They watched him step into his room, slamming the door shut.

"What now?" Lydia asked.

"I'll find Scott. You guys grab Isaac and Boyd. The best we can do is get them out of this place." Allison thought out. She quickly hurried back up the stairs while Lydia noticed Stiles's eyes on her.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I wasn't looking-"

Lydia gave him a look and Elle groaned, "Stiles!"

Stiles sighed. "Okay, I didn't want to say it. But we've kind of been through something like this before. A lot like this."

Lydia frowned. "What do you mean? When?"

"Your birthday party. The night you poisoned everyone with wolfsbane."

Lydia stormed off, dragging Isabelle behind her and left Stiles following them, trying to catch up with the pair. "Lydia, Elle, I didn't mean you're trying to kill people. I meant that maybe you're somehow involved in getting people to kill themselves. Which now that I've said it aloud sounds just as bad and yes, I will stop talking now."

No longer listening to him, Lydia paused at a sewer grate near her feet. She kept hold of Isabelle as well who was glaring at Stiles. The redhead heard strange sound emanating from beneath it. A baby crying.

Lydia looked down at it, tears in her eyes. "Elle? Stiles? Do you hear that?"

Fearful, Stiles shakes his head. He reached out to grab Elle's hand and pull her closer to him. The blonde came closer, wrapping herself into him, arms between his shirt and hoody. They watched as Lydia slowly knelt at the grate, eyes locked on it.

Elle frowned at her, moving her and Stiles closer. "Lydia? What do you hear?"

Lydia seemed as if she was going to cry. "A baby crying. Its mother--she can't get it to stop crying. And I hear... I hear water running." Eyes widened as she listened intently, Lydia's breath caught in her throat.