chapter nine!

𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖎𝖗𝖊, 𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊

*    *    *

*    *    *

(  𝖘𝖞𝖒𝖕𝖆𝖙𝖍𝖞 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗  )

Daniel rushed up the stairs after his younger sister. Screams we're heard from the kitchen as his mother let out her frustrations vocally. The door slamming made him sigh heavily when he reached Elle's room.

He opened her door cautiously and peaked inside. She was sat in the middle of the bed, out of her clothes and just in a hoodie that was way too big for her. If he had to hazard a guess at who's it was, he would go for the boy next door.

Dan let out a tired sigh and came behind her, perching himself on her bed. Elle turned around to face him, red eyes and a sniffle. "Why do they have to do this? Why do they have to make us suffer too?" Elle whispered to her brother. "If they want to be bitter and unhappy then fine, but why can't they leave us out of it?"

Dan brought Elle's head to his shoulder, letting her cry out her frustrations of their parents. He shushed her, kissing her head softly and rubbing her back. "I don't know. I wish I could stop all this, for you."

Isabelle pulled back and sighed. She stood up regretfully and pulled down at her hoody. She slipped on a pair of pyjama shorts and wiped the stray tears from her face. "I'm gonna leave the house for a while. Are you gonna be okay or are you going to leave to?"

Dan smiled sadly at her, "Yeah, I'll be fine. Go and see Stiles."

Elle gaped at him, "H-how... how did you know?"

Dan laughed, "It's so obvious. Do I need to sit down and have a talk with him?" A teasing smirk made its way into his face.

Elle blushed and shook her head, "No. Don't you dare."

Dan gave her a one sided hug before leaving her room. Elle sighed as the blush left her face. She shook her head and opened her window that was opposite Stiles'. She knew he was in as the light could be seen through his curtains.

Elle searched her desk for something to throw and found her hairbrush. She threw it out the window and onto Stiles' with a clang before it fell in the space between the two houses.

She rested her arms against the window frame until Stiles opened his curtains and window. She smiled to herself, covering it with her crossed arms once she saw his face. His cute, adorable, innocent looking face that she had come to adore without knowing it.