CHAPTER FIVE

Cassie awoke to the sound of tuneless, yet strangely endearing, singing. He parents belted out the words happily, pride clear in the voice. She jumped up, laughing happily, and hugged her mother and father. They also embraced her, and they went downstairs to eat the chocolate birthday cake, and open her presents. She got a lot of lovely things, but her main present was truly beautiful. A little blue iPod. That little blue iPod was perfect. The music was all the favourites she'd ever had, the videos were everything from her swinging as a five year old to her opening her presents last christmas and the photos seemed to be of every beautiful moment in her life.

When people started arriving at around ten o'clock, the guys got there almost straight away, holding a parcel. They passed it to her, each of them hugging her, before she opened it. She tore of the wrapper, and there, nesteled in a velvet pillow, was a beautiful necklace, with a beautiful indigo blue crystal at the end, cut to form an orb, almost like blue moon. The thought made Cassie smile. 'We saw it, and we thought of you.' Ryder explained. Cassie smiled, and told them she loved it. She did.

When the entire pack was there, Cassie had just said hello to everyone, when she heard the first crack. People backed away as she whimpered in pain, bones snapping and re-growing agonizingly slowly. The boys went in full Alpha mode, encouraging her, keeping the others away.

The process was agonisingly long, just over two hours later, she stood, fully phased, for the first time ever. She was tiny, the size of a large husky, the others towering above her. She would no doubt be a bit slower than the others. She growled, annoyed. Her fur was pure white and her eyes were a glistening blue. The pack was staring in wonder at the beautiful little creature before them, murmuring amongst themselves. Hearing it, Cassie looked up slowly and unsteadily, some invisible force drawing her eyes upwards and... Met the eyes of her beautiful mates!

Oh, wait, plural? S***.