CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Cassie sighed as Jace handed her yet another dress to try on, grinning at her annoyed face. She walked into the changing rooms and slipped into the dress. At the top it was tight and strapless, made of fine, smooth, conrnflower blue silk. It matched her eyes. It the flowed out around the middle of her thighs, a dream of gossamer, satin, velvet, silk netting and lace. It was all in hues of blue, violet, purple and pink. She stepped out of the changing rooms.

And, was immediatly greeted by Jace and Ryder's wolf whistles. She blushed and looked down, but suddenly Jace's hand was under her chin, guiding it so that she was looking into his golden eyes. 'The others are going to love this, not to mention the pack. Have a little pride, Cass.' She smiled thankfully, and they bought the dress.

The three of them sat down in McDonalds, and quickly ordered drinks, two burgers and a salad. Suddenly, a girl from another table walked up to them. With a face caked in make-up, to say she looked desperate would be an understatement. She walked up to Jace, and began flirting with him in a high, annoying, nasal voice. 'Hey there, sweetie, I'm Lexie! Wha's'up, gorgeous? Why don't you ditch this b**** and come hang out with me. I'm free tonight, just give me a call. Here's my number. Toodles...' He just sat there, he couldn't get a word in edgeways. Soon she was flouncing of again in her ridiculous stilettoes, wobbling slightly. Cassie was raging under her breath at Lexie's distant backside. The guys chuckled and they got up, paying and driving back home...