CHAPTER TWENTY

Cassie awoke to Damon carrying her down the stairs in his arms. 'Someone's here to see you.' He said gruffly. She looked around, confused, and saw a tall figure sitting at the table. Elder Zacharia. Ah, he must be there to explain the mystery of the four mates.

He launched right into it, 'We know why you have four mates, Cassidy. As you know, each pack can only have one Luna, which in itself is a mystery of life, but it can have numerous alphas. Like the four brothers, who became the true alphas the moment they mated you. And, as all wolves have at least one soulmate, they all have you as a mate. We think that they have on omega as a mate, because in this pack, with some wolves so strong, omegas are looked down on. The moon godess is trying to fix that.'

Cassie just sat their, stunned. By the Godess, that explained a lot! The boys gently sat around her, relief clear on their faces. She winced a little, her neck was extremly sore. Seeing this, Will and Jace gently lay her down on their laps, frowning worriedly. She whimpered and curled into a foetal position. She tried to get up and goo get some balm for her neck, but Ryder growled loudly, and Damon went to get it. He came back and walked up to Cassie, sitting down next to Will and pulling her slightly onto his lap. She yowled with pain, and the others growled at him. He ignored them and began gently rubbing ointment onto her tender neck, soothing the painful wounds their teeth had made. She sighed with relief, and curled up streched across the boys laps, yawning slightly. They leaned over her possesively, wrapping their arms around her tightly, protective as ever...