CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

The next two days were close to impossible. Casssie would do nothing all day apart from be Will's little shadow. There wasn't a single moment when she didn't have her arm around his waist, but the pain was getting worse, she would have to mate with all four brothers, soon. Her eyes were ringed with dark, bruise-like shadows and her face was getting paler per day. The boys had tried to talk to her, but she had flinched away, remembering her recent, painful experience. Jace had apologised, Ryder had apologised, Damon had apologised, hell, even Will had apologised! But it wasn't enough.

They were running as a group, Cassie trailing behind, when suddenly Damon's black snout sniffed her silky side, emerald eyes flashing. She growled and snapped at him, ignoring the hurt clear in his sad eyes and long, keening whimper. He deserved it. Didn't he?

Cassie was sitting on Will's lap at the table, shivering a little, and tiredly pushing her hair out of her eyes. Will brushed his hands up and down her arms, clutching her worriedly as the other three lads frowned at her appearance. 'Cassie, we're sorry!' Jace suddenly rushed out suddenly. 'We're sorry, we're sorry, we're sorry, we're sorry! Please forgive us! No, forgive me. It was my fault and I take full responibility. I abused my Alpha Power. Cass? Kitty, I'm sorry. Truly.' By the end, tears were glistening in his eyes. She looked up with a frightened expression, and slowly, oh-so-slowly, reached out a trembling hand, and ran it down his cheek, as he closed his eyes and held his breath. The Cassidy Jane Lightwood pulled Jace Xavier Knightley into a fragile hug, slowly mending the shards of her broken heart.

Love is blind, deaf and senseless. Love is a spark in your chest, a spark that can burn so brightly or die in the cold void of your heart. Love:the strongest weakness of all.