CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

'What the f*** did you do to yourself, Cass? Why the Hell do you have cuts covering your arms, and look like you haven't eaten or slept in a week?' Jace raged, eyes burning with barely repressed fury. 'It's nothing.' Cassie muttered, attempting to back up against the wall as Will and Ryder held her down. 'Nothing. Nothing at all.' Damon mutters with deadly ice-cold fury. 'Just a couple of scratches, a few missed meals, right? I don't know what the hell is going on in your pretty little head, but, so help me, we are sorting it out right f****** now!' Cassie flinched away, and their grip tightened again, demanding an explanation. She began, voice weak and trembling. 'Do you know what it's like to know that you will never, ever wake up one day and feel you are good enough? You wouldn't, being handsome, perfect, caring Alphas, with girls flocking around. But, you deserve it. I have never deserved anything more than harsh words and disrespect. How can I be happy when the men I love, truly, only love me because of a mate bond? Welcome to my miserable omega existence! And the worst thing is, it doesn't get any f****** better! They tell you to look for rainbows, little happy things in your life. But you don't see the rainbow anymore. All you see is the rain. I couldn't do it anymore! Stand their and be compared to perfect she-wolf after perfect she-wolf. I'm just a little b**** that became Luna through some stupid freak accident, a desperate attempt of the moon godess, who in all her power and kindness, is trying to fix something beyong mending. I'll never be the perfect mate you guys deserve. And I'm sorry.'

They towered over her, angrier than ever before, beyond calmig down. 'Youu know what the worst bit is?' Will spat out. 'She's f****** serious! She really believes that we would prefer one of those s**** over her! Cassie, we loved you a long time before the bond! You're perfect for us, but you're so bloody timid! For once in your life, gave a little confidence! You refuse to let anyone proove they love you, and I can't handle it! I can't sit there, and watch you destroy yourself! I love you, and I just can't handle this!' Sweet, gentle Will was furious, hurt and worried. In that moment, Cassie realised two things:

1. Her mates loved her just as much as she loved them.

2. They were bloody furious with her!

She still wasn't good enough. But maybe one day she could be...