"You're WHAT?"

"You're WHAT?"

"Engaged, yes," Ellie sighed, looking with sad eyes at her best friend, Blair Silas.

"To WHOM?"

Ellie was expecting this reaction from her best friend. Silas was completely against 'olden day things' as he had called it, and said it wasn't normal for people living in England, but she had to remind him that there were religions where parents arranged marriages. Only her parents weren't religious. She still remembered the day the two of them met like it was yesterday, when in fact they had been halfway through their first-year.

Blair Silas was the smallest boy in her year, and she remembered teasing him with a couple of her friends from time to time. She didn't know why she did it. She just wanted friends, even if it meant bullying someone. Ellie felt awful about it every time Blair Silas would pout and walk away, while her so-called friends would holler at him and call him names like 'freak' and 'Squib.'

Ellie had often wondered why Blair had no friends. He would usually tag along with Harry Potter and Ron Weasley, but they always looked like they were trying to get rid of him. Not many people in Ravenclaw would pay any attention to him. He wasn't like any of the other Ravenclaws, Ellie noticed. He didn't like reading and paying attention to facts, but knowledge came to him naturally which she figured out when she finally decided to pay attention to him in their classes.

One January afternoon, while Ellie had been hanging around a few Slytherin girls (because she knew if she had made Slytherin friends it would've made her parents beyond content), Blair Silas decided it was the perfect time to come crossing their path by the lake. Pansy Parkinson called Blair terrible names and made fun of his family, while Millicent Bulstrode and multiple other girls burst out laughing, which resulted in the small boy turning around back where had come from. Ellie felt her stomach drop at the sight of him using the sleeve of his robes to wipe away his tears as he ran up to the castle.

"You know, you are not very nice," she had almost shouted at the pug-faced girl.

The Slytherin had raised her eyebrows at the Gryffindor and crossed her arms, looking rather smug along with the rest of her friends.

"Oh, boo hoo," Pansy cried, mocking the Ravenclaw who had almost reached the castle. "It's not my fault he's a sore loser who nobody likes. Haven't you taken a proper look at him? He looks like an eight-year-old girl whose parents haven't fed her for weeks. You want to stick up for people like that? Go ahead and join him. You'll fit right in."

Ellie scowled and crossed her arms, mirroring the Slytherin's stance. "So what? You look like a pug but you don't hear me teasing you for it. He is just small he cannot help it!"

Minutes later, the Gryffindor spotted the Ravenclaw sitting on one of the staircases with his head in his hands. He must have sat there because he knew that nobody would pay any attention to him. Ellie slowly approached the small crying boy, seeing transparent scenes where she had laughed and called him names, and immediately felt the guilt pressing in on her.