42

A rush was the best way to describe how Ellie felt after not completely crumbling under Nikolai's attempted intimidation, although he did barge into her side upon leaving the classroom, shoving her straight into Silas

A rush was the best way to describe how Ellie felt after not completely crumbling under Nikolai's attempted intimidation, although he did barge into her side upon leaving the classroom, shoving her straight into Silas. Silas grunted, sending a deathly stare Nikolai's way as he stormed off, followed by Pansy, Crabbe, Goyle, and Nott. 

"Is Malfoy still going to get you a journal or?" Silas whispered. "He seems a little preoccupied inside that big head of his."

"I don't know," Ellie said impatiently, looking behind her and seeing a distant looking Draco Malfoy exiting the classroom and heading towards a corridor that nobody else was heading towards. "I really don't know -- I mean, I hope so but... I'm starting to doubt it. I may have to find a way of getting one on my own. Which means... if Draco doesn't help me... I may have to actually be nice to Nikolai."

"You mean, like you have been all last year?"

Ellie elbowed Silas. "I was scared and alone, and a lot of the time I partially kept my mouth shut because I wanted to gather evidence which... obviously ended up being a complete waste of time and I let myself get hurt for nothing. My parents don't care."

"They probably just don't believe that whole story with Nikolai and his brother. And they probably thought you made up all those polaroids... like really hurt yourself just to point your finger at Nikolai and say he did it so you don't have to marry him."

Ellie sighed, shaking her head. "I don't have to marry him. I won't."

"That's the spirit, Ellie," Silas chuckled, adjusting his bag over his shoulder. 

There were only about a dozen students who had made it into N.E.W.T level Potions, and Ellie and Silas both groaned simultaneously upon seeing Nikolai walk through the doors followed by Draco Malfoy, Blaise Zabini and Theodore Nott. It was odd seeing Nikolai and Draco without Crabbe and Goyle at their heels, torn between whose orders to follow. 

Ellie made eye contact with Draco, but he was quick to break it and claim a table with his fellow house mates. The redhead sighed and took a seat next to Silas. This left three other Ravenclaws to a table, and three Gryffindors and a Hufflepuff to a table. 

The lesson droned on and Ellie found herself rotating her head back and forth and side to side; it wasn't exactly cracking her neck but it still felt nice to do so. She did have to constantly deal with Silas nudging her and whispering to her, telling her to pay attention. Hermione Granger, of course, was quick to answer Slughorns questions -- so much energy and enthusiasm giving one simple answer. 

"May I ask your name, my dear?" Slughorn asked Hermione.

"Hermione Granger, sir."

"Granger? Granger? Can you possibly be related to Hector Dagworth-Granger, who founded the Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers?"