30

Ellie didn't know what to do; she didn't have much time to process what had happened as it happened so fast, and it was definitely much unexpected. She kept her face pointed towards the sky for a moment, closing her eyes and enjoying the feel of water on her face that wasn't her own tears.

"Greer?" a voice called out, and Ellie gasped and spun around, feeling rather embarrassed that she was caught.

It was Draco, alongside Crabbe and Goyle, standing across the street from her, shielded under the roofs of the shops. Draco eyed her for a moment before whispering something to Crabbe and Goyle. They looked at each other, shrugged, then walked off. Ellie was surprised to see Draco beginning to cross the street.

"What are you doing alone? Where's Nikolai?"

"Oh, you mean the mean, strong boy who ran away from the rain?" Ellie smirked, earning a smirk in return from Draco.

"You're kidding."

"Nope," Ellie said happily. "He'll be mad that I didn't follow him, though. But it felt good watching him run away like a scared little baby."

"I'd pay to see that," Draco said to her. He stuck his hands in the pockets of his coat, beginning to look rather awkward.

"So," Ellie started, watching Draco look up at her from the ground. "Seems you're accompanying me today instead. Should we...get a drink or something?"

"Yeah, okay," the boy nodded. "Let's stop at Honeydukes first. I could use a Sugar Quill on Crabbe and Goyle, those two are so stupid they can't tell the difference between a Sugar Quill and an actual quill."

Ellie was already smiling at the sound of Honeydukes.

"Sure. As long as you don't tell Nikolai that I went in there, and you let me see Crabbe and Goyle trying to write on parchment with Sugar Quills."

Ellie and Draco knew exactly what they were already going to buy from Honeydukes, but they took their time looking around anyway. Draco grabbed a handful of Sugar Quills while Ellie simply grabbed one, earning a weird look from Draco.

"That's all you're getting?" he asked.

"Yeah. Nikolai pretty much banned me from coming in here so I don't want to return to the castle with anything," Ellie explained, and she thought she saw Draco roll his eyes when he looked away from her. "Okay, serious question time. Do Crabbe and Goyle try writing with Sugar Quills or do they try consuming real quills?"

Draco smirked at her. "Both."

When they left Honeydukes, Ellie was already nibbling on her Sugar Quill. She felt weird hanging out with Draco, but at the same time she felt comfortable, like she didn't need to question it and neither did he. They both subconsciously made their way over to the Three Broomsticks for Butterbeer.