Ch. 2

"Carter, he's here again." Sharika informed me with a scowl on her face.

"I'm coming." I said and watched as she walked away.

I hurriedly pulled out my phone and did a quick face check on the blank screen. I made my way to the register praying that I looked ok.

"Hey Jason!" I chirped and began cashing his items.

"Wessup beautiful." He replies smoothly, he's such a flirt.

"Nothing at all, How are you?" I asked eying him, normally when he came grocery shopping he would leave with two carts, now he only has 4 items.

"I'm coolin, shit, da only reason I came herr is cause I wantchu to come to a lil kickback shit, you up fo it?" He replied leaning against the register a bit.

"I don't know, I'll see, when is it?" I asked. To be honest, I would love to go, hell I would anywhere this fine man wanted me to.

"Today, but how bout you give me yo number and I'll let you know." He said with a smirk on his face, I chuckled a bit but handed over my number. I could tell he wanted to ask for it for a while now.

"There you go big head, have a nice day." I replied going back to my regular duties.
Now that I think about it, he does have a big head, but it goes well his large 6"4 frame and his muscle toned arms that were covered with tattoos. He was Fizzine and I still couldn't believe that he is single. Who wouldn't want a piece of that?

Buzz Buzz

As I left work at 6 in the evening, I felt my pocket buzz. I took my cell phone out to see it was a text.

'946-277-3939: The kickback start @7:30, I'll come getchu where you live at?'

'Your a stranger😂' I replied.

'Carter stop playing gurl, it's Jason.'

'Are you mad? 😂 my address is 224 percent ave.'

'Can't b mad @ u bby gurl 😌 I'll pick you up @8 gotta be fashionably late' he replied.

I read the text and got home to get ready.

What does one even wear to a 'kickback'. I took a little shower and stood in my closet just looking around, Jason is such a nice guy, and I think it's time I tried dating, if not then I'm going to be 25 single and still living with my mom, not that she wasn't great company but well she only acknowledged me when she was sad or when she needed anything. It's said I know.

I pulled out an olive green knee length pencil skirt and a white cropped sweat shirt. Eh, these will have to do.
I didn't go anywhere but work and home and the occasional church, so I didn't have much of the outgoing clothes, plus I was always insecure about my legs so I chose to wear everything below my knees.

I fixed the laces on my high top air force one's and started on my hair. I threw it up in a bun then applied some Chapstick to my lips.

Ding Dong

The doorbell rang throughout the house and I groaned before sprinting to the door.

"Who are you expecting and what are you wearing!?" My mom asked.
I stood my the door stuttering then I remembered Jason when the doorbell rang again.

"Hello Jason."

"Wessup shawd." He replied looking me up and down. I had the urge to giggle but I suppressed it as I saw my mom's face.

"Um mama, I'm uh going out with Jason, be safe, I'll call you every now and then, bye!" I rushed pulling Jason with me to his car.

I blew out a breath when the car roared to life and we were headed to wherever.

"I thought you said you was 19." Jason said curiously.

"I am." I replied opening up the snapchat app.

"Don't look like it." He mutters under his breath.

"Smile for the snap Jason!" I said making the ten second video and ignoring his comment.

"Fuck yo snap." He said making me stop recording.

I posted the video and swiped over to the time filter.

"You're mean." I said pouting and looking out the window.

"Hush lul gurl," he said smiling, why couldn't he smile like that.

"When we go inside don't look at nobody, don't smile, a matter of fact don't breathe, ok? Good."

I gaped at him as we pulled up to a house, there were cars that lined off the street. I looked down the block and suddenly got nervous. I hated being in the same place as a lot of people, sorta anxiety.

"Stay close to me." He said flinging his arm around me.

My whole body was flushed against his and I could smell his cologne. God does he smell good.

We entered through the the front door and I was immediately smacked in the face with smoke. I had the urge to cough but I held it and tried not to look like an idiot.

"Aye nigga you back, you needa check Marcus he been running his mouth too much ya heard me?" A guy said walking up to Jason. He was a tall dark skin with pearly white teeth, he was handsome none the less.

"I feel ya bro but later on." He replied and I took the time to look around. There were half naked females all round the room, some were giving lap dances some were practically having sex with the men there and the others were either smoking or twerking. My eyes shifted over the room but stopped when they made contact with one of the half naked females.

She looked me up and down then looked at Jason's arm which was around my shoulders and attached my hand.
I glanced at Jason then back at the female who was now making her way over to us. My eyes widened in fear. This was not my scene and it's not that I can't fight, I just refuse to, by all means.

"Umm, Jason." I said leaning in to him more. I was scared shitless.

"THIS WHAT WE DOING NOW KING!?" The girl yelled getting into my face.

"Aye Kesha, calm the fuck down, don't get up on my girl like that!" Jason said stepping in front of me and holding me behind him.
Wait he called me his girl!?