Chapter 43

*Carter's Pov*

"When was the last time you got some lovin'?" Ken asked scrunching her face up at me.

"Let's just say Char been getting more attention from Coco gay ass than I have been getting from Jay." I said feeding Kai.

"Dadadadada." He blubbered and I smiled at him as he played with the mashed potatoes that were placed on his high chair in front of him.

"You like it Kai?" I asked and cheesed even harder when he nodded his head real fast.
Kai has been the only thing keeping me sane since Jason is still obsessed with finding the Dominican guy.

"Girl, you and Jason don't even talk no more," she started off with not a lie in sight.

"I know," I paused taking a deep breath. "Sometimes I feel like it's my fault, he fell off his game cause he was with me 24/7, and now when he does come home I just let him be, sometimes you gotta be the peace in your mans life, he has enough pain." I finished.

I got Kai out the high chair and he began stumbling around since he could barely walk. "Come here Kai!" I said excitedly as I watched him run towards me. He fell a few times but finally made it to me. Ken and I cheered as picked him up spinning around the kitchen.

"Carter where's Kaidyn!?" Jason asked barging into the house followed by his babymomma Shania.

"My trip lasted longer than usual, that don't mean you got full custody, you know I'm a good mother! Give me my child." She spoke trailing behind him and towards me.

"I'm not saying you a bad mother I'm saying you wrong and you know it!" Jason said raising his voice. He's been a lil angry lately but I play it off as just stress.

"How you doing boo?" She asked me grabbing Kai.

"I'm we-,"

"We'll go back to our normal schedule starting today, our child is safe with me you know that." She said cutting me off.

"Girl this ain't yo fight." Ken said as we now just watched them go back and forth before Jay was ok with her having Kai again.

"You ok?" I asked him taking food out to make dinner.

"Yea." He replied going up to the room.

"Usually he would be all on you now he says one word." Ken said being annoying as hell.

"Damn bitch anything else you wanna point out?" I asked cutting my eyes at her.

"Imma just go... you need to thrust the pussy on him if he don't wanna slang the dick on you cause both of y'all miserable." She said then left out the house.

I sighed and went back to making dinner. I was making homemade chicken sandwiches and homemade fries along with fresh lemonade. I seasoned my chicken and lightly seasoned the flour as well. I left the chicken to sit in the seasoning for a bit while I squeezed the lemons into a large jug. When the lemonade was finished I coated each piece of meat in the flour and put them in the deep fryer atop the kitchen counter.

"Carter," Jason called freshly showered and walking down the stairs.

"Yes?" I answered tiredly finishing up the chicken.

"I love you, just hold out for me a lil longer." He replied wrapping his arm around my waist and placing his head in the crook of my neck.

"I don't know how much longer we can do this, this relationship is stifling." I said leaning forward on the counter.

"Lemme do this one thing and I'm all yours again, ok?" He asked then placed a sweet kiss on my neck.

"Ok, you gonna eat?" I asked getting the potatoes for the fries out.

"Imma eat that thang." He said slipping his hand in my shorts.

"You gone wake up in the morning? You know I put you to sleep." I said smiling at him.

"Damn guess you don't want nun then." He said walking away.

"Aye!" I yelled jumping on his back. "I ain't say all that." I said after he caught me and stabilized himself.

"Didn't think so." He said sprinting up the stairs.

——————————

'Even when your hustling days are gone, she'll be by your side still holding onnnnnnn, even when those 20's stop spinning and all those gold digging women disappearrrrr she'll still be hereeeee!' I heard Jason singing from the kitchen down stairs.

I shook my head and chuckled. He was up bright and early in a good ass mood. Who knew that all we needed was each other. Now this man swear he Lyfe Jennings.
That's what good cat will do to ya.

I slipped on some sweatpants and bared my naked chest as I went to confront him.

"Wassup Lyfe, you're up early." I said cheesing at him.

"Who tf is Life?" He asked staring me down.

Good lord 🤦🏾‍♀️.