Ch. 32

*Jason's pov*

"I love your shirt girl!" A random girl said to CC as she leaned against me, damn near hiding in my arms.

The fact that she wasn't scared of who I am and was bold enough to speak to CC, show me that 1) either she up to something, or 2) she just a cool ass female who's not scary.
CC looked at her from her feet to her head. Her eyes lit up when she saw homegirls hair.

"Thank you, I like your hair! Is that lavender?" She asked reaching out to touch it. I used my hand to put her hand back by her side. She can't be touching people like that.
She eyed me then looked at ol' girl.

"It's wavy Brazilian! My hair dresser is the bomb, tell me this lace front don't look like it's coming out my scalp!" She spoke excitedly.

Carter laughed then went back to clinging on me. "Who you?" I asked the girl. I gotta make sure she not someone that could be out to get me.

"My name is Kennedy Noel." She said eyeing me. I gave her a mean ass mug and waited till she backed down from the eye contact that she was tryna hold.

"Ayo King, everything's ready downstairs." Smoke said signally me over, this is where I leave Carter by herself.

"Ight Carter, I gotta go." I whispered in her ear then placed a kiss on her earlobe. "Remember what I told you in the car, if you get a drink keep ya eyes on ya cup and if you ever leave yo cup somewhere throw it away. And don't go to the bathroom alone." I finished then pecked her lips a few times. "Why don't y'all two go get a drink or some." I said to both Carter and Kennedy. Carter shakily let go of me and went with the girl. I watched them for a minute then my heart dropped when Carter looked back at me like she was gonna cry.

"Gah damn." I said then went downstairs to see what they up to.

"Let's get this over with so I can get back to my girl." I said reaching for the Twin Glocks that smoke had out for me.

*Carters pov.*

"So that's your boo?" Kennedy asks me as we entered the kitchen.

"Yeah." I blushed. A goofy smile spread across my face and images of Jason danced around in my head.

"Awe! Look at you blushing! Y'all cute thou." She said filling up her cup.

"What about you? No boo?" I asked trying to keep the conversation going. Lord knows I'm the worst at conversing.

"Naah I'm single. My last boyfriend did me so bad that I'm taking a break from niggas, except the few I have listed for dick appointments from time to time." She said with a nasty smile.

"Bitch ew." I said laughing. "Jason's the first guy I even dated or talked to." I said shyly. I didnt want her to realize how lame I am but then again I'm not gonna lie about my life just to impress someone.

"That's dope. If y'all stay together he gone be the only guy you ever been with, that's a good thing sis."

"Ig." I said finally spotting the case of bottled water. "So where you from?" I asked her.

"Miami. I'm 21 btw and Im lonely as hell, Im looking for a friend tbh, and I peeped you by yaself and not with none of these bitches and I like that ya know." she said giving me a small smile.

I looked down at my bottle of water and thought to myself, 'This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship'.

The rest of the night consisted of Kennedy and I getting to know each other. We were to total opposites but it worked. I was shy, she was out going; she was funny I was boring; Im boring while she is bad as hell.

"So you mean to tell me, home boy ain't hit that right?" a voice interrupted the story Kennedy was telling. We turned to look at the source of the voice to see a group of intimidating young men. 

"Whatchu want yo?" Kennedy asked rather aggressively and I didnt mind her tone, I was curious as well.

"You tryna smoke some?"One of the five guys asked glancing back and forth between the two of us. 

"Naah we good, if we aint roll it we not smoking it," Kennedy spoke.

"Shawty cant speak?" another guy asked moving extremely close me, now breathing down my neck. I shrinked a bit and tried to hid in Kennedy's back. Imagine this, a 5ft 9 girl hiding beside a 5ft 6 girl. Ridiculous.

"She got a man, so ease off ha." Kennedy continued and at this point I  realized  that i was just looking like a whole scary bitch. Nah. I was trying to become less shy and more outspoken and this... this aint it. I stood up straight and looked right at ol' dude that was tryna push up on me.

"You don't want this smoke, homie back up like you parking." I said using some of the slangs I heard Jason use before.

"She got a mouth now? what it do babey?" another guy yelled over the music.

I instantly remembered the gun Jay gave me as the group drew closer and seemed more intimidating. I lifted my shirt showing the gun and my little pudge stomach as well. "Like i said, you dont-"

"Whatchu finna do with that sweetheart?" the guy who first began talking spoke. He looked at me like he was gonna bust out laughing which made me angry. Im tired of people taking me for a joke, I can do crazy shit too, and not only with Jason. I got me when he's not around. Plus like he said earlier, i cant let people think that he got a weak ass girl, they would use me as a way to get to him. 

He took one huge step and was inches away from my face when I pulled out the Glock something, i think it was a 34? Anyways i pressed the cold metal to his temple and took off the safety like Jason showed me earlier.

"My bitch aint scared a nun a yall niggas, just cause she be cooling dont think she aint shit, one of yall take one more step and she gone blast this nigga." Kennedy chimed in.

I kept a stoic look on my face which caused homeboy to back up, only it was too fucking late for that. 

"WHAT THE FUCK YALL MUHFUCKERS THINK YALL DOING!?"Jason's angry voice boomed causing the music to cut.

"Yall done woke up a sleeping giant." Smoke said taking puff from his blunt.