CH. 24

*Carter's POV*

"JASON!!" I yelled beating on his chest trying to wake him up.
I had went downstairs earlier only to find Chardoné sprawled out rather stiffly on the couch next to Smokey.
For the life of me I could not get Smokey to wake up so Jason was my next victim.
"Get upppp!" I screamed yanking the blanket and shoving him, while tears streamed down my face.

"Carter!" He yelled finally waking up, "Getcho hands- why you crine ba-."

"Chardoné's not moving!" I walked dragging him downstairs to where Char was.

I poked her and felt her heart beating abnormally fast but she was still stiff. I held on to her little body and sobbed then I noticed something. Smokey was missing, Jason was abnormally quiet and he didn't call me out for crying or call Char an 'It'.

"What did you and Smokey do!?" I screamed with tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Babey you gotta calm down." He said and I shot him a look that made him take a step back.

"Don't tell me what the fuck to do Jason, I swear if Char ends up dead I'm walking out, I know you didn't like her but I never had a pet before and you got her for me so I treasured her a whole lot!" I said now bawling my eyes out, did he do this out of spite because he felt neglected? My whole life I wanted a pet and every Christmas I would ask for one and was told next Christmas and when that Christmas came I was told the next one until now, I never got a pet.
I sat on the floor hugging the stiff rabbit to my chest while Jason was on his phone.

"CC the vet is gonna be here in 20-30 minutes babe, what happened was Smokey got the damn rabbit high and now he disappeared, he only meant it as a joke, calm down, I can buy you 3 more bunnies, it's not a big deal." He said then had the audacity to give me a stale face.

Bet.

"Jason please get the fuck out my face, I'm highly upset." I said as calmly as possible.

"CC I done told ya ass before to watch your tone! Now I said I'll get you whatever ya fucking want if she don't make it, you being so ungrateful." He finished.

Upon hearing what he said I automatically retreated back into my shell, no matter how clear I try to make it to him, he completely disregarded my feelings and best believe I am squaring up with Smokey whenever I see him.

I held onto Char until the vet came, not uttering a word.

"She has shown high levels of THC in her system, we just have to take her back to the clinic to give her a cleanse and she'll be as good as new." Veterinarian Gordon said after running as many tests as she could in the living room with her equipment.
I shook her hand and headed upstairs to take a shower as my head was pulsating.
The water was cool, I was really heated so it was exactly what I needed to cook down.
"Babey, she'll be fine, stop worrying." Jason said coming in to the bathroom. With nothing but the curtain separating us, I sighed.

"Talk ta me." He said as I walked by him going to put pjs on even though it was 11 am.

I went and made myself eggs and bacon with toast and sat at the counter eating.
"Babey, work jus called, I gotta go." He whispered in my ear, hugging me from behind as I sat on the stool at the counter. "Stop stressin." He finished kissing my neck and leaving.

Stressing!? Did he really think I was stressing. Naah I was now planning ways to kill him and Smokey.
I finished my breakfast and went back upstairs to finish this book I was reading during my breaks at work.

Midway through a paragraph I started thinking. I'm gonna ignore Jason, if he wants to ignore the way I feel then so be it!

...............

"Babey, I'm back." Jason said walking into the bedroom. It was 5 in the evening and he was gonna be ignored until he fixed this.

"How was ya day, since I left."

Silence.

"CC."

Silence.

"Babey."

Queue the crickets.

"Carter!" He raised his voice, "You gone act like you ain't hear me?" He asked now putting his face directly in front of mine.

"I'm talking to you." He began, "you still mad about today? I told you I can get you 100 more-."

I cut him off with a snort. He still didn't get it.

"Aight don't answer dat's fine."

I turned over and went to sleep. Well I tried. Jason turned the TV on loud as hell and proceeded to spoon me no matter how stiff I would get.

As I laid there stiffly I got a text from an assistant manager at Walmart, his name is Joey, he was tall, pale and blond.

'Do you mind coming in for a quick second, the safe is off and idk what to do.' The text read.

I didn't even bother replying, I aggressively yanked Jays hand off me and went to change before walking out the bedroom door.

"Yo where ya goin ma?" He asked walking towards me.

A voice in my head said 'nunya' But I ignored it.

"Work." I responded dryly.

"You don't work taday, so drop dat lil attitude. where ya goin?" He asked with more bass in his voice.

I hissed my teeth and walked out to the garage then pulled off in my Jeep.
When he going on his work runs, I don't ask him where he going and I don't assume he lying so he needs to back up a bit.

"Thank god you're here!" Joy sighed as soon as I walked into the main office.

"Did you count each deposit, and every drawer before giving them to a cashier?" I asked getting down to business.

"I counted the deposits but not the drawers ma'am." He replied, that's his first mistake.

"Well-," BZZZ BZZZ my phone started vibrating cutting me off, I looked down at it to see it was Jason. I clicked the lock button putting the ringing on complete silence.

"As I was saying, you messed up there, now it's harder for you to do but you now have to count each drawer when the cashiers are finished, compare it to the number of transactions made and see if the numbers match up, then you'll figure it out from there, now I'm going home, text me if anything else com-," BZZZ BZZZ BZZZ

"Comes up." I finished after being interrupted by Jason. I wanted to scream on the inside.
I took my sweet as time getting home stopping at every stop sign waiting at yellow lights, I even went to Dunkin' Donuts and grabbed me some donuts and an iced coffee. Bussin.

I pulled into the garage to see Jason pulling a box inside the house. I rolled my eyes and walked by him.

"Babey!" He said excited. "I figured out why you're still mad."