Ch. 26

*Carter's POV*

"Babey!" Jason yelled coming down the stairs, as I was heading out to work.

"What bae, what?" I asked,  slipping on my shoes.

"Is there more Alfredo in the fridge? It was bussin girl!" He replied with a stupid grin on his face.

"Yes B, it's in the container with the blue lid, we're out of carrots for the bunnies can you grab that real quick so they don't starve?" I asked, I really wanted to be 30 minutes early today to see if the safe was still off from the other day.

"Nah they asses gone starve." Jason said rummaging through the fridge for the Alfredo.

"That why I ate all the leftovers, ugly ass." I said rolling my eyes.

"Hungry ahh, wait you lying, fuck outta here guh,"He said finally grabbing the container.

"That's not what you said when you were eating my-,"

"Aye! Shut yo ass up, come gimmie my kiss and get out fool." He cut me off, hmm he knew what I was bout to say.
I chuckled then kissed and rushed out the door.
——
"Joey, can I see you in my office please?" I said as soon as I spotted him. We needed to figure out why we loosing so much money that the safe is off.

"Sure thing Boss." He said. So corny.

"How did the counting go yesterday? What did you find?" I asked  crossing my legs under the table.

"I counted each individual drawer and matched it up with each transaction as you said, and while some drawers were a couple cents off, one was $52 off and that was Sharice's." He said looking down at his clipboard.

"Of course. I already knew something was fishy, her drawer was short $5 as well. Seeing as I wasn't working yesterday and you discovered this, I want you to break the news, you know kindly ask her to replace the money and make a report and if she refuses then I'll step in and if things get outta hand I'll call the authorities and you write a report of what happened and have it on my desk by 9am tomorrow. Good?" I asked, ready to kick him out my office.

"Good, yeah I got uh, I got it." He stuttered and I could tell he was a little nervous, Sharice could be a little intimidating.

Not too long after he left my office I heard a commotion and I went to check it out.
"Carter!" I heard Sharice yell, "What kinda bullshit is this!?" She finished.

"First off I'd rather you lower your voice, see how calm I'm speaking right now? No need to yell. Second, I've been telling you money was missing, it started off little and then the day when I'm not here it goes to $50, so I'm guessing you told Joey that you're not gonna replace the money so what gonna happen is, Joey call the police-,"

"Whatever I ain't stole nothing." She said rudely cutting me off and using double negatives in her sentence again.

"Joey let me know when they get here, I'm gonna go over the security footage." I said walking back to my office.

I rewinded the footage to yesterday from the time Sharice clocked in and started from there. It wasn't long when the cops showed up and they also helped me go through the footage. What Sharice has done was put money on 2 gift cards, she rung them up and when the drawer opened for her to pay for them she closed the drawer and didn't.

"You said she was given many chance?" One of the cops asked. He was a cute lol white boy with a nice build and natural red hair, he looked exactly like Archy from Riverdale.

"Too many chances, yea." I replied.

"Would you give me a chance?" He asked licking his lips. He barely has lips anyways, to me he's just layering saliva on his face.

"My man wouldn't." I said not bothering to look over at him. I never got attention from males before but the moment I went ahead and got myself a manz, everybody want Carter!

"You're right, uhm, I think I see something right there, look."

I looked at camera 10 and saw when she rung up one gift card at around noon.

"Ok so we get a clear shot on camera 10, saw the first gift card at noon, you can take back the original copy to the station and thanks for your help." I said rushing him out my office. I didn't appreciate his comment at all.

"Your welcome, and we will keep in touch with your Area Manager about the details on the case, have a nice day." He said before leaving.

I blew out a huge breath checked the time. It was already time for my lunch break. I put all my belongings in my purse and went home.

——

"Jason!" I yelled walking into the kitchen from the garage. I heard a whole lot of shuffling going on then it suddenly stopped and all I heard was the TV. I made my way to the living room, to find him and about 4 other guys apparently just chillin.

"Why you always walk in here yellin CC?" He asked walking over towards me.

"Cause I can, get out my face." I said then immediately started blushing cause he just grabbed my ass. Fuck, why he wanna do this here.

"Shut that up." He said then whispered, "Aroun' dese muhfuckers, call me King, ight?"

"Ok."

"Aight and before you ask, yes they ate, now go upstairs, ion want you down here." He said then took ahold of my jaw bringing it to him, basically tonguing me down in front of his lil friends. Possessive ass.

I rolled my eyes and made my way upstairs. "Heyyy Chardoné, Coco and Chanel!" I said greeting my children.
———————
🍍Alrightyyyyy another chapter!! I hope I keep up with these updates! But I'm at work today and uploading, hope y'all enjoy this, it's a lil about Carter at work, I feel like all I ever talk about is Carter and Jason so I wanted to mix it up a bit, anywho, love y'all ❣️🍍