Chapter 006 :

I was reminded that before I could go and talk to the boy outside, I had to complete my work or I could go outside and talk to him during my break. However, when my first break of the day came and I haven't finished any of my work, I decided not to go and continue instead for two reasons. One) so I could finish faster and talk to him a little longer and two) so I could work out what to say.

I thought of how to start the sentences. I was thinking of telling him that I didn't remember him or go with it and thank him for saving me and hoping he'll mention my name to confirm that we went to school together, or to recite a memory we had. All that, during my job, that was a little more difficult than I thought.

It wasn't as boring as I thought, it actually took a lot of my attention to it. It made me realise the smallest of details on books. Perhaps I saw how new they looked or how damaged, or I could pick out which books have been taken out the most and which weren't so popular from the dust accompanying the top of them.

It was a lot more hard to find the two specific books to place a book in between them. Especially when I had to repeat that 17 times in total today. I found some books were missing and some had fallen down, 6 of which I couldn't find and had to ask Mrs. Borrow about them, only to have her recite them being taken out by different people. But I had done it, missing one of my breaks, which was a huge mistake because my stomach had been rumbling all the rest of the time I had left until my second break, which was my lunch really, when I settled down the hunger with two sandwiches and a whole bottle of water.

I found the work overwhelm my thoughts overall, leaving no space to think about the boy who sat in the library garden and either was bored to death or sitting on his phone. So when I was finished and said this to Mrs. Borrow, I was left off to go to the garden to find him. She smiled at me weirdly when I asked about him, as if something was going on I didn't know about.

I made my way out, scrunching my eyes when the sun brightly hit them, using my hand to cover them a little. I scanned the small forest of trees, flowers, plants, benches and a few swings. I was surprised by how well the garden was kept, how every flower was kept in its perfect, healthy condition and how every tree stood bold and high. I saw the comfy seats on the benches obviously to be comfortable for the people reading. I found all the colours of the garden were somewhat comforting, something I never thought I'd admit.

I found him swinging in one of them white double swings with the black laced pillows decorating it, a book in his hands, his glasses on his nose aa he buried it within the novel. His eyes quickly scanned the pages and didn't seem to notice me when I came closer.

'Hey,' I began quietly, gently. I didn't know whether to sit down next to him or stand and repeat myself since he didn't respond.

'Sorry,' he said as he took of his glasses and rubbed his eye in circles. 'I had to finish the chapter. Was right at the end.' He turned the book to show me the end of the page.

'Um, I came to say thank you for, um, yesterday.' I mumbled, smiling for no reason at all.

'Oh that? No problem, really. I just thought I'd be one good person to put my amazing lying and acting skills to use and actually help a pretty girl.' He nodded his head with a smirk, using sarcasm to brag about his flirtation skills too.

I didn't blush, although normally I would. 'Uh... thank you?' I questioned playfully, still smiling at nothing.

He got up and placed his cigarette, which I only just noticed, in the little pot for them that was placed on top of a table nearby, and then reached his hand out for me to shake it, 'I'm Cole.'

I creased my eyebrows while shaking his hand nonetheless. 'I thought we met in school?'

He chuckled as soon as our hands quit their touch and then said, 'That was a lie. So was the book and film thing.'

'Yes, I know that. I've never read The Fault In Our Stars. I did think we must have met in school or something and I just didn't remember you. Your voice sounded very familiar.' I tried to explain, looking to the plants to my left side to not look at his eyes.

'It will be even more familiar soon.' He smirked, and then added a wink.

-

Thank you for 140 reads for only just 5 chapter! I'm amazed.

Please leave feedback regarding my recent chapters and if there any good. If you have any comments, questions or concerns feel free to talk to me. Otherwise, thank you for reading. Like, comment and share/follow me, thank you!