Chapter 025:

To be honest with you, weeks ago, I wouldn't have thought this would be reality. I begin to imagine my life as part of a movie. Perhaps I am not the protagonist, yet one of the side characters. I see Cole as greater than me in the story, yet when he talks to me I contemplate if that were true at all.

After all, it all started with an awfully paying job, which I had begun to think I should leave, yet stuck with it to help with finance. He was a stranger with a nice smile, one with a sparkle in his eye that were present as often as hunger. I believed he'd be like the other boys, all caught up in trying new things; new girls, new friends, new everything.

Yet he was above that.

He had his mind set, a perspective in place. His eyes, although presenting hunger in the form of a brightness, showed determination. And, with that, maturity. He had goals, plans, he knew what he liked and aimed to get greater than that. He not only had confidence, yet motivation to achieve what he had longed for. After all, I had begun to notice that this might've been the thing that made me fall for him.

I realise I had changed since our very first meeting. From my stuttering and red cheeks, I had developed into loud talking and laughter, not paying attention to the crowd. I was forever grateful for that, I thought about it very, very often. This was a serious matter of change. Question is, would I be able to continue this behaviour if the worst happened?

I couldn't know. And that was the fault. I didn't think anything would go wrong. Yet it did. It went very, very wrong.

I suppose I should backtrack to where I left from; the arrival and introduction to the seaside, with real sand and better quality sunsets. I remember the fizzle of freezing water running up to my ankles, sinking the soft sand between my toes. The sun, although not very bright nor visible, still blocked some of what I could see. I was, once again, in a mental paradise.

I suppose I lost myself. I don't know what within, but I knew I lost my guard. I knew he taught me how to be reckless, how not to see consequences. That was my fault. His fault. We stumbled back into the car, the morning now warming up. Or, should I say, midday, as we weren't as organised as I had predicted.

Truthfully, I had wanted to go to a good breakfast place, eat extraordinary pancakes and drink crazy hot chocolate. I had that In mind when we visited the, "Sea Bloom" café. As I had made my way, instantly, I smelt fish rather than any form of breakfast food. I suppose I should've expected that, as people would be eating brunch, or something of that sort, I didn't know, but it wasn't breakfast time anymore.

We sat down, ate the pancakes with the smell of seafood airing around us, and tried our hardest to ignore it. This was a minor fault, very frequent in my time of tales. I had very commonly forgotten to mention it from either embarrassment or weak memory. This happened a lot more than I'd like to mention.

I failed to do so because I wanted to memorise things as perfectly as they had happened. But that does mean avoiding every bad corner. The first time Cole took me to the beach, I cut my feet, my breath smelled, I saw two people throw up, I heard kids screaming. A list of awful things happened that I was afraid to mention.

At the time, it was understandable. I was the older version of me; scared, worried, hoping for the best. Now I avoid dealing with those. And gradually, as I began ignoring these, people around me paid special attention.

How rude of me to break the truth in the middle of such a perfectly-headed story. I apologise. This wasn't supposed to escalate to this estate. I had fallen in love with a boy who had turned me to an irresponsible teenager. And, at this point in the story, I should start taking this responsibility.

Because, my fellow followers, this is going to abruptly end. This will no longer be a happy-driven story. I had a few secrets to spill, and a few mistakes to own up to. I believe you deserve to know what kind of person I have been built into.

-

I'll be taking a shrot break to catch up with everything, sorry for the cliffhanger. Vote/comment/share/follow me

If you have any comments, questions or genuine suggestions feel free to comment them down below or message me privately.

My Twitter : @colehoes

My Tumblr : @Love-Nalia

My fav account on wattpad :

Thanks for reading!