Chapter 011:

When half the sweet champagne was done, we put the half empty / half full bottle away and thought it'd be better for another time. It wasn't high on alcohol anyway, the taste was just fruity sweet and that won it for us. Plus being drunk wasn't what drove our lives; we preferred remembering our name and doing sane things.

We settled for a movie night until our eyes fluttered shut on their own, blankets and pillows covering us again. No, we didn't have a pillow fight. Yes, we obviously had 15 rounds of Mario Cart. Yes, I won the majority. It's my specialty.

The fairy lights found themselves annoying bright and unnecessarily in our eyes the whole time until Fran turned them off and switched on a lamp so we could see at least something of what was in front of us. Pizzas accompanied us, two large bottles of coke instead of one and three boxes of chips because we like chips.

The conversations were short and snappy because we were focusing on our games or phones, but the silence felt comfortable. The conversations were also very pointless; 'What to do you use for your washing? Your blankets smell amazing.' 'I don't know actually, I just smell and buy.' 'That should be your new life motto.' 'Smell and buy?' 'Smell and buy.' 'Maybe "Smell and buy" will be our always?'

The a.m. conversations between me and Fran were always my favourite. They were incredibly funny but it wasn't obvious when we were in the moment, only in the morning crying with laughter remembering everything.

At 4 a.m. I was still sane, still held my balance when I walked and my eyes didn't make me dizzy when I looked up or to the side harshly. I was lazily listening to the radio, The Neighbourhood playing one of my favourite songs (Cry baby) and playing with my hair, staring at the ceiling pointlessly when I realised something; Fran doesn't like Cole.

Questions popped into my head; Why? But then I thought about it for a while and came up with answers. I created different options for the question.

Why? 1- because she thinks he's a stranger, three days isn't much and she knows it. She's sceptic, she might think he's a serial killer or might kidnap me. That's fair, you never know.

2- because he doesn't like the way I talk about him. I say he's changed me a little, talk about him like some sort of amazing actor and as if we were in some sort of amazing movie. She's... what, Jealous?

3- because she hasn't met him. She hasn't got the same experience as I do. She's having troubles imagining the story in my eyes. She's... clueless? That's an awful way of putting it but I guess it's similar to the truth.

'You don't like him do you?' I asked out of the blue out of 25 minutes of pure silence and quiet music. I felt bad breaking these perfect minutes.

'Who are we talking about?' she responded, boringly.

'Cole. You're not fond of him, are you?'

She took a moment.

'Not really.' there was another pause. 'No.'

'I thought so. And your reasoning for it?' I decided to go simple on her, try not to argue my way to change her point. I wanted to see what she was thinking.

'You've thought about that too? My Answers?' she asked and I nodded then laughed and realised she couldn't see. I told her yes and she replied, 'Go on then, tell me.'

I did, I told my three options, I told her I leaned towards number 3 and 1, I told her that I was okay with it, I understood. I wanted to be chill. I didn't want her to think I thought she was stupid for not liking him, I didn't, I didn't want her to think that. Either she was sceptic, jealous or clueless. It was kind of logical, wasn't it?

'As cute as it is that you don't want me to think that you think that I'm a dumbass for not liking him, that's not the case.' She smiled her cute smile at me that told me I was "being adorable again".

'Then what is it?' I asked, my eyebrows furrowed curiously.

'It's just... he's obviously a heartbreaker.' She mumbled as I raised my eyebrows. 'I mean, come on, you didn't think that the boy who makes you fall for him so easily will leave it easy all the way through?'

I didn't know what to say. Until I did. 'Next time, you're coming with me to meet him and spend the day.'

-

IM SO HAPPY!!! IVE GOT 600 READS ALREADY I SO SO SO HAPPY THANK YOU SO MUCH! I PROMISE THE NEXT PARTS WILL BE WAY MORE INTERESTING

please vote/comment/share/follow me

if you have any comments, questions or concerns please either comment them down below or message me privetly.

Thanks for reading.