Chapter 024:

There's a time and place for everything. What isn't always available is money. This was my biggest worry as a kid; that I wasted my parents' hard worked money by spending it on things I liked. They were so kind, reminded me not to care about that stuff. But nevertheless, I did.

The only time I felt happy about spending money is when it was either going for other people's presents or travelling. And this was my intent this time. I wanted to not feel bad, yet to feel like I've spent it well. I loved driving, talking, singing, sleeping and listening to the gentle snores coming from the back seats as quiet songs were played through the radio.

This was the situation after the road trip was done; Liam and Cole were gone and asleep in their rooms as Fran and Cora sat comfortably next to me. Fran tapped at her screen while Cora messily stuffed popcorn into her mouth. Although we had a movie on in the background, Fran was simultaneously playing some music from her phone. We hummed and talked in slow motion, taking seconds to respond. Time dragged; I loved it.

I have awoken with everyone rushing, laughing and flopping on the bed. I had gotten my scarf and fluffy goat thrown at my head, to which caused my awakening. Fran threw my blanket off and practically pushed my upward, Two Door Cinema Club's "Cigarettes in the theatre," played and filled the room with noise. She made me dance with her, even though my eyes were half open.

I had paired my pompom beanie with my baby pink jumper, black ripped skinny jeans and black boots. I felt quite confident – I must admit. I danced and sang in the mirror t the song when I found Cora staring, and so we kind of competed against best lip syncing. I won – definitely. Even though she declined it.

We strutted over to the boys' room, bashed through the door with a Michael Buble song and jumped on their beds since our boots were completely clean. Cole was in the bathroom doing his hair, probably a bit stressed, while Liam joined us in our fanatic singing.

We were out and free in the fresh air soon afterward. The car was cold and our breaths sprayed smokes coldness. We sat, we talked, we argued over where the place was. Liam and I had a playful insult game along the way. But soon, the sea came into view.

The sun was shining warm sun rays even though it was still quite cold. Fran began smiling like an idiot instead of screaming like she did last time. She pressed her hands together, her cheeks up high, as she began telling Cora about how she loved the beach and the seaside.

'I always wanted to live in or near a seaside town. My mum always took me to beaches during the summer holidays for, like, a day or two.' Began Fran as her eyes scanned the view from the window.

Cora was looking out the window at the flashing trees which zipped past the car but she looked at Fran with creased eyebrows. 'Fran?' she asked. Fran looked at her and nodded for her to continue.

'You live near Brighton.' She pointed out.

'Oh, I know. But it's a rocky beach. And I feel like that's a fake type of beach.' Explained Fran, although I was already laughing from the front seat, my eyes not tearing away from the upcoming sun between the waves in the distance.

'Fran, you love Brighton. What are you on about?' I asked as my fingers tapped on the dashboard of the car, playing along to a 1975 song that played on the radio.

'Yeah, but still.' She said, shrugged and looked out the window again to her right, where the beach was now.

Soon, our feet, cold and wet, were dug into the damp beach sand, standing where the waves rolled in and out, waiting for the next one to freeze our feet. We had towels ready, as the morning was colder than any other despite the warming sun. The temperature had begun to lift yet the sea was still limiting our warmth as it swarmed over us and instantly gave us all shivers.

I loved the feel of fresh, soft sand rather than the sharp and odd rocks that lived in the Brighton beach, I did agree with Fran that sand beaches were better in this sense. Nonetheless, memories of the time we all went out onto the Brighton beach flooded in; the laughs, the fire, the food, the drinks, the warmth, the sun.

And then something else popped into my head; the time Cole took me out onto the beach, and onto the pier. I remembered the dizziness of it, the first time I went a little crazy. I remember how amazing it felt, how amazing everything looked, how comfortable I felt. I knew that this time, I was going to double that, and not just for me and Cole, but for everyone here. It was my goal. I had so much planned and ready.

-

Vote/comment/share/follow me

Sorry for the long wait! Thank you for 3.8k. I'm constantly amazed. If you have any comments, questions or genuine suggestions feel free to comment them down below or message me privately.

My Twitter : @colehoes

My Tumblr : @Love-Nalia

My fav account on wattpad : BackInMotion

Thanks for reading!