Chapter 023:

Some would call me unprepared, and I would want to argue but I'd agree. It was such an out-of-the-blue idea that I didn't have time to think before I demanded him to pack for a three-day trip in two days. I sounded confident, as I often feel around him, and simply played myself. Or, should I rephrase that, not simply at all; barely anything is simple now.

Currently, it was a rainy Tuesday, the clouds played heavy and dark, and sent rivers down from the heavens. It was still constantly pouring, all morning, when I made myself breakfast at 9 a.m. I normally wake up later but nerves ate up my insides and forced motivation woke me up because I knew I couldn't just not do anything.

And so, sitting with my crappy, slow laptop on the dining room table with a mug of tea and a bowl of muesli, I began my work. The TV blurred out the silence, thankfully, and helped me relax in the slightest of ways. I searched Google at first, went simple and hoped for some good ideas. Then, when I wasn't pleased with what was presented to me, I went to Pinterest.

But to no avail, as those ideas were too cutesy and romantic, and neither of us were that cheesy. I stormed my brain, began thinking of things that would be fun, cute and enjoyable even if things went off plan a little.

Blank; that was my head. Completely and utterly. I rushed to get my notebook, where I jotted down any and every idea that I could and then rated them out of 10. Unimpressively, the biggest rating I had was a 6 at most. So I went to Tumblr, Pinterest, YouTube, some blogs and back to Google for my search. Nothing.

Eventually, I got bored and tired, even though It was only 11 a.m. I climbed outside, my hat and scarf protecting me from the cold to go buy some requested groceries for my parents with little bits and bobs that put me in a good mood so I could think better. Even though a laptop was no longer in front of me, I kept thinking.

I thought simple, what made both of us happy and cheerful that we haven't done before. I declined that train of thought. I thought my own happiness first; maybe if I find something I enjoy I could then contemplate whether he would too. I thought activities; trips and adventures to fun places, and then I thought childhood; what my parents did and where they took me.

And then it clicked. It was absolutely, utterly perfect. I rushed home to write it down and sat down on my laptop, but this time, I knew what I was looking for. I knew exactly what I needed to do.

~ Thursday ~

I had everything sorted out in the two days; from plans and ideas to helpers and drivers. I had everyone in it, except only one person knew what was going on. I got Liam to get his car and drive us there and he was the only person I told everything to. I had scheduled nearly everything, the tickets were printed and the excess forums and vouchers had been sorted. I felt like a strong and responsible adult. It was a powerful feeling.

I got Cora and Fran to make three CD's each for the long road trip ahead of us. It was a four hour drive if we were lucky without any traffic. The hotels were booked and waiting, and so was I. I was all fizzy and bubbly inside, just waiting for it to happen already.

We began quickly, with the trunk of Liam's car loaded with our things and Fran sat holding our food, in case we didn't have time to stop or if we couldn't find a fast food place. I sat shotgun with Liam beside me, driving, behind was Cora, Fran and Cole In the backseat. Dylan wasn't in town, but I texted him and said we'll hang out when we meet up and make up for it. So I felt good. Really, really good.

Half an hour in and we began singing, even though it was only 3 p.m., we pretended it was a wild Friday night. We sang, danced and went on full goof-mode all while beating the limitations being inside a car gave us. We were enjoying it so much so far, I had settled down and stopped stressing if they'd like what I came up with. Liam agreed that it was a brilliant idea, dear God did I hope it was.

The time passed quickly, with very few stops, and suddenly, we found ourselves already there. And, to my relief, Fran even began screaming with joy.

-

Massive thanks for another 300 (nearly 400) reads since the last chapter. I cannot believe how quickly everything is changing. I made a Twitter for people who've been asking, it's @ColeHoes

Anyway, hey, how ya doing?

Vote/comment/share/follow me

If you have any comments, questions or genuine suggestions feel free to comment them down below or message me privately.

Thanks for reading!