Chapter 019:

Cole, as expected by now, hasn't told me anything about where we were going. All I was allowed to know was that I was wearing a black dress, lilac heels and a lilac bag to match my lilac hair. I have no idea how, but my hair began to fade already until it almost perfectly resembled the colour of the bag and heels. Cole was one heck of a magician. How did he manage to do that?

His car, pastel pink and matte, belonged to his mother. However, he painted it. Now it was a shiny, clean white, the wheel disk was now matte black to match the tyres, the lights bright white, maybe even with a hint of blue, quickly flashed my bedroom windows. I had mentioned Cole a few times to my mum but she didn't take much notice. I tell my mum mostly everything so she trusts me with a lot of things.

'I'm out!' I called out, flinging my thin coat over my dress. I stepped out and eyed the car as I walked closer to it. It was an expensive car, one he told me his mum saved up to buy for years. His family's finances weren't massive, though, he was a little above average, and I was a little lower than him but I didn't mind.

He grinned through the window and laughed when I felt something bite me and jumped in fright. I got in with a fake frown on my face murmuring, "stupid bugs," before grinning it off and kissing his cheek. He tried to not make his upcoming blush obvious.

-

The ride took 20 minutes, which it made me wonder even more where possibly could we be going. He parked in front of a massive building labelled, "cinema", to which my wonder grew. As we were walking toward it, he explained it's a building which has everything in it; cinema, gym, hotel, restaurants, kids play areas and all sorts of things.

I liked the idea right up until he said it was pretty expensive. I contemplated whether I should have bought more money with me - It would have been so damn cliché to assume Cole would pay, hell no.

He led me in and instantly a warm, comforting feeling embraced me. There were fairy lights drooping over corridors and rooms, lots and lots of plants splattered everywhere, bringing so much life into the place. The furniture was white and had either rose gold or black accessories added on desks and shelves. Some awesome framed painting covered the walls; landscape ones, ones of a girl or her hair, a realistic eye, a smudged sunset. All of which I adored.

But my favourite was one wall. One wall only. It was painted deep black and on it were polaroid photos of couples or friends or families who all visited this place. It wasn't a celebrities wall, it was a wall for people like us. The wall stretched so long I didn't know where exactly it ended, but I loved it. Next to the wall stood a small white table, on which stood a modern version of a polaroid in black. I recognised it to be the same as Cole had placed in his apartment.

He picked it up and told me to sit on the tale that It stood on, even though it wasn't comfortable because of the wire that connected the camera in case anyone wanted to steal it. He took silly ones of me with my tongue out and my eyes crossed and I took the same of him, and then we took one together. He put the one of us on the wall and pinned it with the pins given and then put the one of me in his pocket.

I felt my heart flutter and butterflies awake themselves in my stomach. I got the one of him and put it in my bag before kissing his cheek again. I didn't know what else I could do or say.

He took my hand led me to where the reception was placed, making small conversation and jokes. His hands were clammy and his voice stuck to his throat sometimes so I kept squeezing his hand to try and say that it's fine. But, after all, I was more nervous than ever.

He did everything quickly and soon the receptionist brought over a lady which politely led us to a table near the window, the fifth floor, as I had mentioned to Cole that  I loved seeing the city from up above. The tables were wide and again, heavenly white, with two succulents on them and a small glass full of little blue flowers. No candles, thank God, but lovely set up.

I already couldn't wait what tonight would bring.

-

OMG OMG OMG WE HAVE 1.6K ALREADY OMG OMG OMG W H A TTT?????????

I'm so, so, so, so, so, so, so thankful! Thank you for the rising amount of votes and amazing comments that have been flooding in and everyone adding my story to their public reading lists. I am unable to use words to express my happiness. I'm so thankful.

Vote/comment/share/follow me

If you have any comments, questions or genuine suggestions feel free to comment them down below or message me privately.

Thanks for reading!