Grass Clippings

•Are you ready for this chapter? Ok, here we go!•

                   -Draco's POV-
"Come on Hermione!" I yelled into her room. "You can study later! We need to go start patrol!" She opens her bedroom door and pulls me inside. "Shhhh!" She whisper-yells. "He'll hear us!"
"Who? I thought the common room was soundproof?"
"Well his brothers DO make extendable ears!"
"Wait. Is weasel out there?" I say confused. Why is he out there?
"He's waiting for us to do our patrols," she says, reading my mind. "I saw him outside. I used a spell because I hear noises out there and I was in the shower, so I investigated using the one-way glass spell. So I could see out, but no one can see in."
"You continue to amazing me. I didn't even know that was a spell!" I say shocked. Did she make a new spell or something? She's a genius either way. Wow. I can't believe how much has changed since the war. No I'm dating the girl who used to hate me. To be honest, I've always liked her. But she'll never know that...
"Whatever. Let's just pretend that he's not there. Come on." She says to me.
"Okay. Let's go to RavenClaw first. It's closest to here." I say as we walk out. Sure enough, Ron is waiting for us on the other side of the hall. He doesn't speak, or even make eye contact, but once we start walking, he follows. He keeps at a distance but I can hear his footsteps. I grit my teeth. If he makes one move on Hermione...
"Here we are" Hermione says and nudges me in the arm. We both know Ron can't get into this room. I answer the question the painting gave us in a low whisper. Hermione smiles at me and heads in as I follow.
"The boys were all asleep up there." I say as Hermione walks down the stairs from the girls dormitories. "A few of the girls were up because they thought Abby was doing Parol tonight." Hermione replies."Come on, let's go to HufflePuff." I say.
"Wait! I know a spell that makes duplicates of us but it only lasts 20 minutes!" Hermione says with a grin.
"I don't think you have anything else to learn here at HogWarts!" I say. She's a total genius! "Let's do it. Wait! Can they talk and stuff?" I ask.
"No! I'm not that good a which!" She laughs. "Done." She says after she mutters something odd. "Let's wait a few minutes for Ron to follow them." After we wait for what seems like an appropriate amount of time, I say, "Okay! Let's go!" We head out, Ron has taken the bait. He's no where to be seen. Me and Hermione don't talk the whole way up there, we don't want to attract Ron, and finally make to the kitchen. We tap the barrels in the correct order, and go down the chute that leads to the HufflePuff common room. I go up to check on the boys, all asleep, and make my way to the other staircase. Obviously I can't go up it, or else the stairs will disappear and I'm pretty sure an alarm goes off, Blaise found that out first hand in our 4th year...
"Draco?" I hear her whisper. "All asleep?" She asks from the top of the stairs.
"All asleep." I respond. "Let's go"
We head down to Slitherin, all asleep, and then to Gryffindor. I hear Hermione gasp. "What is it?" I whisper.
"He's waiting at the painting." She replies. Uh oh. I see Ron standing next to the painting, obviously waiting for us. "Just ignore him" I say, more to myself than Hermione. We walk right past him and into the common room. We both know he can follow us here. I head up to the boys dorms and see Potter awake on his bed reading. "What are you doing Potter?" I ask in a harsh whisper.
"Where is Ron?" He asks me.
"He's been following us." I say, Harry now has an unreadable face.
"What is it Harry?" I say and turn around. Ron is standing right behind me with his fists clenched.
"Get out. Now." He says.
"I'm here to check on all of you, so I need you to get to bed Mr. Wesley." I say with a smirk. Ron doesn't think it's as funny as Harry and I do and punches me in the face. I groan in pain but punch him right back. He falls to the floor with a bloody noise. What a wimp. He grabs my left leg and digs his nails into it. Hard. I let out a shriek of pain and kick him off with my leg.

              -Hermione's POV-
"Draco?" I say as I run down the stairs and up to the boys dorms. "What is going on up there?" I hear him howl in pain. "Ron!" I yell once I get up there. "What are you doing?" suddenly everything goes pitch black. Ron had smashed the little lamp Harry had by his bed. "Ouch!" I hear Harry say. The glass must've hit him. "Mhmhmh!" I try to scream as someone grabs me. I can't see anything. Who is it? What's going on? I smell something nice. It smells like grass clippings...

And that's the last thing I remember before I pass out.