Chapter 3

Luna POV:

As we put away the leftover's from breakfast, I tie my hair into a high pony tail using my black hair ribbon. It gives me a slightly dangerous look with my white hair and bright blue eyes, but I think I look good. I walk from the mouth of the cave and sit and wait. Daddy comes running out and then jumps off the cliff, I gasp and run to see if he's ok and notice he's now in his dragon form. I begin the long climb down the cliff and notice that I'm starting to be able to find my rhythm while I climb. I jump down the last part and then smile at daddy, I really like his dragon form. The blue and black make him look magnificent, so I walk over and smile at him.

"Are you ready for this? My magic is very difficult to learn and it will take time. But from the roar that you did earlier I think that there is a hidden dragon inside of you just waiting to come out. So Luna Nightwing. Are you ready to begin?" Dad asks me in his deep voice.

"I'm ready to do this. I'm all Powered up!" I yell and smash my fists together.

Dad laughs at me and then gets serious again.

"I want you to sit down and cross your legs, as if your meditating." He says looking at me.

I sit down and cross my legs placing my hands on my knees.

"Now imagine the magic energy flowing into your body, imagine the taste of it, the colour of it, imagine it filling your body." He says in a trance like voice to me.

I concentrate hard on trying to feel the magic energy around me, slowly I begin to feel a warm sensation around my body almost like comfort. I start breathing in through my mouth and get a cool taste in my mouth almost like mint, but its sweet at the same time like blue raspberry. I open my eyes not breaking concentration and notice a bright blue glow around my body just like the colour on daddy, my body is feeling fuller and fuller.

"Now give me an Apocalypse Roar, show me what a true dragon can do." Dad says stepping away.

I stand up and feel a surge of power rise inside me.

"Apocalypse Dragon! ROAR!" I yell and a bright blue beam comes shooting out of my mouth and manages to make a small hole in the cliff face.

"I did it!" I yell but then suddenly feel very dizzy.

I stared to fall back and then I landed in a large scaly hand.

"Why do I feel so weak?" I ask daddy looking up at him.

"Its because your not used to using your magic just yet, we'll work on more magic later. For now lets just practice hand to hand combat, its just as crucial as magic because some times you will run out of magic but you'll be able to rely on your combat to win the fight." Dad says placing me down onto the grass.

He changes back into his human form and then asks me to attack him with my strongest punch. I ball my hand into a fist and swing it at him with everything I have, he just laughs as my punch comes to his chest.

"Well that was pathetic, I want you to run three laps around the mountain before lunch. You have three hours so it should be easy for you, now hop to it!" He shouts t me and I start off running.

As I'm running I hear voices coming from somewhere, I ignore them and continue to run. I run as fast as my legs can carry me and find I haven't even made a dent in this mountain, I have only run about a 1/4 of the way. I keep running as the sweat drips down my body, its like nothing I've ever felt before the pain in my legs from running. I start to see little black spots in my vision and then everything fades to black.

___________________________________________________

I open my eyes and find there are people around me.