Chapter 4

Luna POV:

I've been with dad for four years now and I've managed to learn all of his dragon slayer magic, I've also learn how to catch and cook my own food using snares and traps. And two years ago I started a home garden just at the bottom of the cave so that we could grow fruit and vegetables so we only need to go to town now for clothes which is good because people don't like dad.

I wake up in my bedroom and look around at all the pretty crystals on the walls, because we still live in the cave my bedroom is in one of the little parts. The walls are studded with pink, blue and purple crystals and my bed is made from them too, I climb out of my bed and change into my training clothes. A black tank top and white shorts along with my black ankle boots, we learnt that they grow with the owners feet so I just need to get new soles on them every now and then. I brush my now waist length white hair and tie it with my black hair ribbon, tiptoeing out of the cave I watch as the sun is just starting to come up over the tops of the trees. I run and jump off the edge of the cliff and slide down the cliff face.

"WoHo!" I yell as I continue to slide.

I reach the bottom of the cliff and start my morning routine, first I set snares ready for breakfast and then I run around the mountain three times, after that I kill and prepare the meat and cook it ready for dad and me to eat it. As I kneel down and start to set a snare to hopefully catch a rabbit I hear a twig snap. I look around and pull out a small blade from my boot, I look around and walk slowly when all of a sudden I spot something large and white. The closer I get I realise its an egg, its a white egg with black swirls on it. I pick it up in my arms and it feels cold.

"I need to warm you up." I say aloud and run back to the cliff. I climb up carefully holding the egg in one of my hands to make sure it doesn't fall and I then carry it into the cave, placing it down carefully next to the fire.

"There that's better isn't it." I say brushing some dirt from the egg.

"What's that?" Dad asks walking over.

"I found it in the forest, it was cold so I brought it here to warm it up. What type of animal do you think it is dad?" I ask him as he sits down next to me.

"I don't know, you'll have to wait. Also Z is coming to see you today, so you'll need to put on your best training clothes." Dad says with a look of sadness in his eyes, he always gets like this when Z comes.

"Don't worry dad I'll be on my best behaviour. I know how nervous you get when uncle Z comes, so I'll go and do my training and set the snares then come back and change. You just focus on adding the new spells to your spell book." I say looking once at the egg and then I slide back down the cliff.

I set all the snares and then run around the mountain before I climb back up the cliff, I reach the top and notice Z is there waiting with dad. I gulp and then wipe the sweat from my head.

"Hello Uncle Z, how are you today." I ask.

"Very well Luna, I can see that you've improved a lot over the past year. Are you ready for testing?" Z Asks me with a soft smile on his face.

"Cant I just show you Z? The testing really hurts...." I say remembering the last time it happened.

"No you need to be tested." He says walking over to me, he grabs my arm and drags me over to my bed.

He attaches these wires onto my head wrists and ankles and then plugs them into a lacrima.

"Lets begin." Z says and turns the machine on.

____________________________________________________________

Acnologia POV:

As I listen to Luna's screams of pain my heart is breaking. Every time Zeref comes to test her she is in agony for the next week. I look at the egg that Luna brought and I'm a little confused because I don't know what animal is inside it, its starting to shake and move though so I think it knows Luna isn't here. After what feels like an eternity Zeref comes out with a smile on his face.

"Good job Acnologia her magic has improved a great amount since last time, she will soon be ready to work for me." He says examining the paper in his hands.

"What? You'll make her work for you?!" I yell at him. "Are you crazy she's just a child! I forbid you to do such a thing to her!" I stand with my face inches away from his.

"Are you ignoring an order from your master?" He says in his firm voice which makes him sound more deadly than ever.

"I just still have more to teach her, she will be ready in about ten more years if you want her to be truly valluable to you...." I say steping away from him.

"Very well but I will continue to monitor her progress over the years, but if I call on you. You must not tell her a single thing you will just up and leave her. Like all the other dragons will do in the year X777." He says and then walks out of the cave.

I pick up the egg and carry it to Luna's room and place it down on the floor next to her bed, sweat is pouring down her face and she is obviously in pain. I run to her and hold her frail body in my arms, I cant let this happen to her any longer. We have to leave this place and never return, we will have to leave our little happy cave and go somewhere where Zeref wont be able to find us.

"Why does he hurt me daddy....." A soft voice asks me.

"Its my fault Luna, he said it was the only way I could keep you. The only way I could keep you in my life, I'm sorry Luna." I say stroking her soft hair.

"Then I'll smile every time he does it to me, I dont ever want to leave you daddy. Oh! Look the egg is hatching!" She yells exitedly.

I pick up the egg and place it on the bed so she can watch it hatch without wasting her energy, the egg cracks and cracks until the top pops off. We look inside and notice something strange.

"Its a Kitten!" Luna shouts exitedly hurting my ears.

"How strange. Cats dont come from eggs Luna, so I wonder what this cat actually is." I say as Luna picks the kiten from inside the shell.

Its a white kitten with black tipped ears and tail, Luna is besotted with it and insists on her sleeping with her that night.

"What are you going to name her Luna?" I ask her while she gets ready for bed.

"How about Twilight? Luna and Twilight the best of friends." She says while her and 'Twilight' fall asleep in eachother's arms.

I walk out of there and look at the two of them together and I feel a source of comfort from it, now if Zeref ever makes me leave her she will have somebody. Good.

"Tomorrow we will start packing, and then we'll leave this place forever. Its the only thing we can do Little Luna, I will do what ever I can to protect you." I say and then walk to where I sleep.

___________________________________________________________________

Zeref POV:

So Acnologia you think that you can run from me? Well your time will come, and you and the little dragon slayer will play a great part in my plans.

I swear that you will become as black as my soul.

Luna Nightwing.