Chapter 36

Luna POV:

As we gazed up at the green dragon he looked down on us while licking his lips, he grins maliciously at us while placing a giant claw onto his chin.

"So who shall I eat first? girls taste much better than boys so lets see what we have here, the blonde has a lot of meat on her so she should fill a corner. The blue haired girl is too young for me, might want to wait a couple of years, now the white haired girl she's something rare." he says lowering his head to sniff me.

"Keep away from me." I said looking into the eyes of the green dragon.

"Oooh she has some fire in her!" The dragon bellowed laughing at me. "I am the Emerald Dragon Zirconis." 

The dragon then looked around sniffing the air, it seemed to be looking for something or someone. 

"Where is she? Only the sky dragon could perform this spell so where is she?" The dragon then looked at Wendy "Don't tell me this little girl is the Sky Dragon Slayer?! What a cutie!" 

"Keep away from Wendy!" Natsu shouted at him.

"What happened here? Why are there so many dragon bones down here?" I asked.

"I don't speak with Humans." Zirconis said turning his head away from us.

"What about us? We're cats!" Happy said lifting a paw.

"Ok then, it all started about 400 years ago..." Zirconis started while the rest of us sweat dropped. "Back then dragons were the kings of the world, freely soaring through the skies, across sea's and dominating lands. Everything in the world belonged to the Dragons."

Zirconis licked his lips as he spoke the next part, Natsu wrapped his arms around my shoulders pulling me close into his warm body. 

"Humans were mere fodder for us, snacks. There was one dragon however who believed we could coexist with the humans, it caused a war between the dragons. Those who believed that dragons and humans could live together and those who fought against it, I was one of those who fought alongside those who didn't want to coexist with the humans."

"So, if you were on the opposite side then?" Lucy asked.

"I don't like humans, but I do find they are very tasty." Zirconis said laughing.

"So right now you're talking with your food?" Natsu asked hiding his laughs in my hair.

"So what happened during the war then?" Twilight asked.

"The battle between the dragons was tearing apart the lands, scaring it. It was at this time that the dragons who wanted to coexist with the humans launched their plan, they began to teach humans the magic to slay dragons. And they they joined the battle." zirconis said sighing, he shook his head and then looked down at us.

"So this was Dragon Slayer Magic." I asked.

"Yes, the power of the dragon slayers made a significant change. The victory of the pro-human side would have been inevitable if they hadn't miscalculated something. The dragon slayers were given too much power, they also began to kill dragons who had taught them the magic. Amongst them there was one man who bathed in the blood of many dragons, just to mention his name could send fear through whole nations." When Zirconis said this I took a deep breath, even though I hoped that I was wrong. I knew I most likely wasn't wrong.

"That 'Man' slayed many dragons and continued to bathe in their blood, soon enough his skin became scales and his teeth became fangs. And then his form became that of a dragon." Zirconis said.

"A human became a dragon?!" Grey yelled.

I pulled Natsu's arms tighter around my body as I felt tears began to fill my eyes, I could feel Natsu give my body a reassuring squeeze as we looked at the dragon spirit.