Chapter 48

Luna POV:

As the carriage rode through Alvarez I couldn't help but look out in awe, this place was amazing! And even though it was much smaller than Fiore everyone still looked so happy as they walked down the streets, Irene kept looking at me with a look of kinship in her eyes, but that confused me.

"Irene, why did you help me? How did you even know that I was really a human?" I questioned.

"Because like you I was once fully human, but after learning Dragon Slayer Magic I turned into a dragon. It's the fate of all who use Dragon Slayer Magic." She explained. "I wished to become human again, so Emperor Spirgan used a spell to change me back. But like I said before, this is only temporary."

"So it happens to every dragon slayer?" I asked pulling the cloak tighter around my body.

"Unfortunately yes." She said softly. "But now you're here I will help you to adapt, and I'm sure the emperor will be happy to see you especially since you know Natsu."

"Is the emperor close to Natsu?" I asked.

"Very close, now we're almost there." Irene said looking out of the window.

Turning to look I saw a large palace, it was even bigger than the one in crocus. With large turrets and white walls it shone brightly, casting a warm glow over the whole city. Once close to the doors Irene climbed out and then helped me down from the carriage, it was then I realised that I didn't get motion sick. Looking at Irene confused she laughed.

"I too get motion sick, so I enchanted the carriage to elevate the symptoms of Motion sickness. Makes it easier to get around." She explained taking my hand and leading me inside the palace.

Servants greeted her as we walked, each of them bowing down to not only her but me too. Blushing I followed Irene into a large bedroom with a huge bed with a canopy at its centre, the walls were cream with dark stone floors. All in all the room was beautiful, letting go of Irene's hand I looked around the room.

"Do you like it?" She asked me.

"It's amazing, I've never been in a room like this before." I said shyly.

"It's yours, the emperor wanted you to be comfortable while you stayed here." She explained and then lead me to a wardrobe. "Let's see if we can find you something to wear."

Looking through the clothes Irene pulled out a long sleeved white shirt and dark blue skirt, the skirt had straps to keep it on and the white shirt was off the shoulder. She then pulled out some blue flats and pointed to a bathroom where I could change, while I was in the bathroom I decided to take a quick shower. With the games and becoming a dragon I hadn't had time to relax, so after a quick shower I began to dress. But that was when I noticed my face, looking at my cheeks I saw blue stripes on my cheeks. I also had some on my arms and legs, each was the same colour was my guild mark which was still on my arm. Tears filled my eyes as I thought about them all, home, the guild, Mira, Elfman, Lisanna.....I wanted to go home.

"Is everything ok in there?" Irene asked knocking the door.

Wiping the tears from my cheeks I slowly left the bathroom dressed in my new clothes, Irene smiled at me but then noticed my red eyes.

"It will get easier." She explained. "Now the emperor would like to see you now, if you'll follow me."

Taking a deep calming breath I followed Irene down more hallways in the palace, it was like a maze so I knew I would get lost if I was distracted. However we soon came to a large set of double wooden doors, each was high and looked to be extremely heavy. Clearly this emperor sprigan was a powerful man, Irene looked at me and then opened the door slowly.

"He wants to speak to you alone, I'll be waiting here for you." She said before nudging me through the doors.

I could see someone standing by the window right at the back of the throne room, so I slowly began to get closer. But then I caught a scent, it was one that haunted my nightmares and had scarred me for life. As Emperor Sprigan turned around he smiled at me.

"Well Luna, it's been many years."

"Zeref." I snarled holding my self in a protective stance.

"Now now, is that how you treat family?" He said with a smirk.

"You were never my family." I snarled feeling anger swell inside me.

Zeref smiled and began to circle my body, looking me up and down. Chills spread down my spine as he continued to look at me, but then he stopped.

"My how you've grown. I'm sure your father will want to see you." He said with a smile that was almost deadly.

"My father?" I questioned.

"Would you like to see him?" He asked me.

"No, because whatever you've done to him. He's not my father anymore." I said feeling tears sting my eyes.

Using my hand I quickly wiped them away, this man had seen too many of my tears while running his tests on me. I wasn't going to let him have anymore.

"Very well. As of now you are a Prisoner of Alvarez, you are not permitted to leave the palace or contact anyone outside of the palace." He said.

With a wave of his hands chain runes covered my wrists, I tried to use my magic but I couldn't. Looking down at my shoes I could feel the same chains on my ankles, anger burned inside me. I was his prisoner again.

"Irene will take you back to your room." Zeref said and came so close that I'm sure he could hear my heart beating. "I'll send Natsu your love."