Chapter 8

Mirajane POV:

As I feel dirt being brushed off my body the only thing in my mind is Luna. I cant believe that she's alive...

"Luna..." I whisper.

"Hey Mira wake up!" Lisanna yells at me.

I open my eyes and look at her, she is covered in dirt too and has a huge smile on her face. She takes my hand and helps me sit up, I instantly look around to see everyone smiling at me. All but one.

"Where is Luna?!" I ask frantically.

"Luna? Mira she died all those years ago...remember..." Lisanna says placing a hand on my shoulder.

"No don't you remember? She came here to warn us about the dragon and tried to help us fight it!" I say standing up. "Please everyone, we need to find her."

"That's manly! Lets all look for Luna!" Elfman shouts and we all begin the search.

I start running through the forest and look for Luna, when suddenly something comes flying into my face.

"What are you doing! Come this way!" A white and black cat says pulling my arm.

"Aren't you Luna's Exceed?" I ask as she pulls me along.

"I don't know what an Exceed is but yes I am with Luna follow me she's this way!" The cat says and I break off into a run.

The cat pulls me to a pile of rubble surrounded by pieces of rock, and under it all I see her there. Her face has cuts on it and she is covered in sand and dirt, I begin pulling off the larger pieces of rock from her body and then brush off the sand. The cat helps me until the others arrive, we all band together and manage to get all of the rubble off Luna's tiny frame.

"Give her some air, Wendy is there anything you can do?" I ask pulling Luna's body into my arms.

"I'll sure try!" Wendy says placing her hands over Luna's body, Wendy's hands emit a soft blue glow and Luna coughs up some dust.

"Where am I?" She asks while opening her eyes.

"Luna, its me. Mirajane...." I start brushing hair from her face. "Your sister..."

Luna's eyes go wide and she looks deep into me, almost like she's checking.

"Mirajane....My big sister...Mira..." She says almost in a daze.

Suddenly she pulls me into her arms and holds me tightly, I hold onto her as tightly as I can while Lisanna and Elfman look at me shocked. Everyone else looks shocked too, but don't say anything for fear of ruining the moment.

"I thought it was her but I wasn't sure, and I didn't want to say anything in case it wasn't her..." Lisanna says and joins in the hug.

"Our little sister home. Now that's what I call manly." Elfman says and wraps us all in his arms.

Luna POV:

I'm home, Twilight stares at me as the tears fall down my cheeks. I rarely cry because it shows weakness, and when I do cry its because something has touched me so much that I can only express my self through tears. I thought my brother and sisters ran into the fire after me and burned, now I find out they thought I was killed in the flames with our parents.

"I'm so sorry I let you all down..." I say with the tears falling down my cheeks.

"What do you mean Luna? How could you let us down?" Mirajane asks me wiping tears from my face.

"I didn't look for you, when Erza and Grey came to where me and dad were staying they mentioned you. But my mind couldn't remember you, its almost like it was too painful to remember so I didn't..." I say as Mirajane sits me on her lap. I almost feel like a little kid again.

"Don't speak like that Luna.." Elfman says kneeling down to my level. "You didn't know about us, and we didn't know about you. Now wipe your eyes, because that's what a real man would do."

I laugh at him and wipe my eyes,  Twilight comes flying over to me and helps me to wipe my tears. The pink haired man walks over to us and looks me up and down, he then offers me a hand and flashes me a huge grin.

"Nice to meet you Luna, sorry about before everything with yelling at you. My name is Natsu Dragneel, and I'm a fire dragon slayer. We have two other dragon slayers in our guild Gajeel and Wendy, you have to meet them." Natsu says smiling at me.

"Nice to meet you Natsu. Um who's the man with orange hair?" I ask looking over to see him staring at me.

"That old man? He's Gildarts, one of our S-Class wizards." Natsu says offering me a hand. "Want to meet him?"

"I need to apologise to him, my father is the reason he's missing two of his limbs and I just sat and watched." I say taking Natsu's hand.

"No funny business with my sister ok Natsu?" Elfman says crossing his arms across his chest.

"Sure man!" Natsu says and walks me over to where Gildarts is.

He looks very scary close up with his eyes piercing into my soul, but Natsu looks at him with admiration so he must be a highly favoured member of the guild.

"Um hello Sir Gildarts." I say stepping forward. "My name is Luna Nightwing and I can tell that you recognise me from when you attacked my father."

"I only attacked that demon because he deserved it. And because I was getting paid to do it." Gildarts says placing a hand on his head.

I look at him and then do something I vowed I would never do. I bowed down to him. With my hands by my side I bowed down and let my hair flow over my shoulder showing off the blue dragon tattoo on my back,  I stand there and the talking from the guild members stops and they just stare at me. There seem to be more members than I remember when I fell into darkness.

"My father was being controlled by Zeref when he attacked you and all I did was shout at you, and after he attacked you all I could do was run for help while my father ran for the safety of the cave we were staying in. I'm sorry that was all I was able to do to help you sir." I say with a hand moving to my necklace.

"It was you who called help?" He asks me.

"Yes sir. I'm sorry that was all I could do." I say and continue to stand there.

He places a hand onto my head and I look up at him, he smiles at me and then walks off to speak to the short old man. I walk back over to Mirajane, Lisanna and Eflman and we make our way to a boat waiting with a strange emblem on the flag. Elfman insists on carrying me all of the way on his shoulders.

"Elfman what's that emblem on the flag? I've noticed a lot of you also have it on your bodies too." I ask him as he places me onto the boat.

"Its the Fairy Tail guild symbol, all the members have to wear it in order to be classed as a member. Its manly!" He yells pounding his fist to his chest.

I whisper to Lisanna who is one year older than me. "Does he always add manly to what he says?"

"Yeah, but don't worry you'll get used to it." Lisanna says patting my head.

As we stand on the boat I notice that Natsu is hurling over the side of the boat, strange. I walk over to him and try to offer him some comfort while a blonde haired wizard walks over to me.

"Don't bother, he gets motion sickness. My name's Lucy, what's your name?" Lucy asks me smiling.

"My name is Luna Nightwing, and I'm Mirajane's sister." I say offering her my hand.

She looks shocked and then pulls me into her arms holding me tightly.

"YOUR SO CUTE!" She yells holding me.

I laugh and then notice a blue haired girl talking to a very over weight man and a man with orange hair. I listen with my dragon hearing and hear something that makes my blood turn cold.

"We've been on Tenrou Island for seven years?" The blue haired girl asks.

We've all been trapped for seven years.....

Dad...Did you ever think of me?

Ever?