Chapter 21

Luna POV:

My mind kept racing back to Twilight, Wendy and Carla, but I can't think of that right now because we have to get passed the preliminary round of the games. Running as fast as my legs can carry me we reach the centre of the labyrinth, there are loads of twists and turns so we have no idea where to go. But as Natsu and I look at each other we notice something.

"Hey how aren't you getting motion sick?" We ask in union.

"For those of you who suffer from motion sickness don't fear! We've cast a spell over the labyrinth to ensure that everyone has an equal chance." The pumpkin man says cheerfully.

"Well that explains that." Lucy says and begins to look around the labyrinth. "I'm thinking if we make a map of everywhere we go we should be able to find where we're going! And then we'll be able to get into the games." She says smiling.

"Good idea Lucy, here I have some paper and a pencil." I say passing it to her.

We start walking around and trying to find our way through the labyrinth, I take a look around and notice that everyone else is making a map like we are. I smile darkly and then jump over to take the map from another guild.

"Thanks for this!" I say grabbing the map.

"Hey! No fair!" A guild member yells as I jump back to my team.

"Nice Luna! Lets take a look." Lucy says taking the map from me.

Natsu comes over and rests his arms on my shoulders and his head on my head, I shift uncomfortably and then give up.

"Lets go get some maps!" Natsu says smashing his fists together.

We begin chasing members of other teams taking the maps and kicking some butt while were at it, the labyrinth suddenly starts to move and everyone grabs onto something. Everyone but me. I start falling trying to grab onto things as I fall but I decide to use a new skill I've learnt.

"Apocalypse Dragon Wings!" I yell and white and blue dragon wings appear on my back and I fly back up to everyone.

They stare at me in awe and then smile, I begin to fly around the labyrinth trying to find how to get to the entrance. We found our way to a small door and we then follow a corridor which makes my head spin, after the corridor I disassemble my wings and walk with everyone else.

"When did you figure out you could do that Luna?" Natsu asks me as we walk towards the back.

"After we met up with Jellal, I was practicing some new spells that my dad has written in my spell book. I saw one that would give me wings, I'd seen it before but I was never strong enough to try it, since we'd had the power boost I gave it a go and it worked." I say smiling softly. "I wonder if dad would be proud of me, I wonder if he would like how I've gotten stronger." 

"I'm sure he would be proud of you, he would be amazed to see how far you've come." Natsu says and wraps an arm around my shoulder.

We continue to walk like that for about five minutes and then come to another door, once we walk through it we fall....down onto a grassy field. We sit there in the soft sunshine in the peace and quiet. 

"Nice..." Lucy says.

"Almost makes you forget this is a contest." Erza says sighing softly.

"Lets get this last push to the finish line over with, I'm all fired up!" Natsu yells.

We use one of Lucy's spirits to help us with directions because Erza's compass doesn't work anymore, we run along a peer surrounded by water to a large door saying 'Winners!' We burst through happily thinking that we're the first team.

"Actually you only just made it, you came in eighth place." The pumpkin man says.

"Well at least we made it through the preliminary round, we could have not made it at all!" I say trying to lighten the mood.

"Your right Luna, lets just be happy that we've made it at all." Grey says.

We walk back to the Honey bone and ask if they have found Wendy, Carla and Twilight. They take us to the infirmary where Wendy and Carla share one bed and Twilight lies in another, a woman with pink hair puts a wet rag on their heads to help their fever's.

"What happened to them?" Natsu asks as I walk over to hold Twilight's paw.

"They were attacked while touring the crocus palace, we don't know what attacked them but whatever it was it drained their magic." The woman says.

"Will Twilight be ok?" I ask.

"Yes she'll be fine, in fact they all will. Just with some well deserved rest, by the way what's your name child?" The woman asks me.

"Its Luna Nightwing, I'm Mirajane, Elfman and Lisanna's younger sister." I say smiling slightly.

"Well my name is Porlyusica, what magic do you use?" She asks me.

"Apocalypse Dragon Slayer Magic." I state.

She looks at me shocked and then walks back over to Wendy, who begins to cry because she feels that she's let us down. I walk over and take her hand in mine.

"Don't worry Wendy, you'll be safe here. And you never know you might get to play in the games, heck if you want once your better you can take over for me." I say smiling slightly.

"Thanks Luna." She says sniffing. "Just promise to do well." She says to me giving my hand a squeeze.

I nod and then we leave them to get better, once we got back to the Honey Bone I flopped down on my bed. Lying on my side I stared at the moon, everyone else went to sleep. All but one.

"You awake Luna?" Natsu asks me.

"Yeah..." I say sitting up in bed.

I'd changed back into my pyjamas and undone my hair so it was flowing down my back, Natsu walked over and sat on the edge of my bed.

"Whats keeping you up?" He asks me.

"I'm scared of sleeping by my self." I say looking down. "Twilight has been with me in my darkest times, when Zeref would test me and when I was scared, she would comfort me and I'd be able to sleep comfortably." I glance out of the window.

"I know how you feel, Happy is always with me so its strange to be without him." He says and then presses his forehead to mine. "But don't worry Lu, everyone is here with you. You'll never be alone, I promise you that." He says and his fingers lace themselves in mine.

We sit there for about ten minutes and then my eyes begin to feel heavy, Natsu lets me lie down and then lies down next to me wrapping a warm arm around my body. With his hot breath on my neck my eyes continues to drop until I was fast asleep, but not before I heard him whisper softly to me.

"I promise you'll be safe with me...."