Chapter 17

Luna POV:

"We'll start with reflexes, this is key when defending your self. If you can predict where the attack will come from you'll be able to defend your self from it" I say looking at everyone.

"Natsu, Grey, Erza please fire an attack at me." I say turning my back and tying a blindfold over my eyes.

I stand there poised and ready with my hands by my side, suddenly I hear the slash of a sword through the air and turn around at lightening speed, I grab the swords handle and use it to slice through ice shards and a ball of flames. I slip the blind fold off to show everyone looking at me shocked.

"What? I have good reflexes." I say smiling.

"Yeah but that was still amazing!" Lucy smiles while giving me a thumbs up.

"I too am impressed Luna, it would seem your skills as a warrior are incredible." Erza says taking her sword from me.

"Who wants to have a go next?" I ask holding the blind fold.

"We have to do it blindfolded?!" Wendy exclaims worriedly.

"Not if you don't want to, I was taught to first defend then to listen for the spells."

"What do you mean listen to the spells?" Levy asks.

"Well I can hear the crackling of Natsu's fire, I could hear the crunch from Grey's ice and the sword slicing through the air for Erza's sword." I say simply.

Natsu just looks at me dumbfounded, where as everyone just nods. Suddenly a bird lands on Natsu's head with something tied around its leg.

"What's that?" I ask plucking the bird from Natsu's head.

Erza walks over and pulls the note from the birds leg and reads it out to all of us, it tells us to go to a broken bridge and wait for further instructions. So we all begin to walk to this broken bridge that the note told us to go to and when we get there we wait for something to happen.

"How are we meant to cross if its broken?" Grey asks confused.

I step forward and place a hand on the bridge and it suddenly starts to fix its self. I look at my hands and wonder how I did it.

"How did that happen? I've never been able to do that before?" I ask everyone.

"I don't know, but lets test this bridge." Erza says and pushes Natsu forward onto the bridge. 

He falls forward onto the bridge and stands there with it swaying underneath him, I look back on everyone and see some sniggering and laughing as Natsu stands there his face green and swollen. He then yells at us and manages to run all the way across the bridge.

"I totally thought it was going to collapse under him." Grey says looking at the intact bridge.

"I have to agree." Lucy says with Happy in her arms.

"You were all totally trying to kill me!" Natsu yells angrilly.

"Dont worry Natsu, at least you didnt die." I say smiling.

"Right everyone, lets corss." Erza says as we walk along the bridge.

Once we've all walked across we walk deep into the wooded area that followed the chasm, we come across three figures. The three of them are standing with their backs to us and they are all wearing deep blue hooded capes, Natsu starts to sniff the air and then looks shocked at what he smelled.

"It cant be!" He says shocked.

The middle figure turnes around and pulls down the hood of the cape, I notice it's a man with short blue hair and he has a strange mark over his eye. Another one of the figures pulls down the hood and reveals a woman with long black hair wearing a jumpsuit with thigh high boots, the final one pulls down the hood to reveal another woman with long pink hair and a red themed outfit.

"Jellal..." Erza says looking at the blue haired man.

"Erza, its good to see you again." He says smiling slightly at her.

They start explaining about the dark magic they've been feeling every year at the GMG, and Ultear tells us about how she can make us stronger magic wise.

"Scientists have found something inside wizards and have called it the origin, its like a receptical inside of you that holds your magic energy. So when you use spells the magic energy stored in there slowly empties depending on how powerful the spell is, and once this origin is empty you cannot use anymore spells. But what I am offering to you is not only making your Origin bigger but also unlocking the second un used Origin which will alow you to perform more powerful spells." Ultear says looking at us holding a glass orb.

"So what your saying is you can make us all more powerful without having to train." I ask.

"In a way yes, it will be like a power boost." She says looking at me, there is something in her eyes that makes me feel like I know her from somewhere. "Only problem is, it will be painful."

"I'll go first, I've dealt with worse pain I'm sure." I say stepping forward.

"What do you mean?" Jellal asks me.

"For most of my life I was a test subject for Zeref, he would test me to see how my magic was developing because my father is Acnologia." I state and put my hand on the zodiac charm bracelet.

The three of them look shocked and then nod, Ultear places a hand on my back and leads me to a small cabin on the beach. She stands me in the middle of the room and pulls out the glass orb.

"Are you redy for this? Sorry I didnt ask your name"

"Its Luna, Luna Nightwing." I say and nod my head.

Strange looking red symbols start to cover my entire body and then I start to feel the pain spread through my body, I ball my hands into fists and try to hold in my whimpers of pain but struggle to do so. Before I know it I'm screaming in pain lying on the floor, I look over and see Twilight covering her ears with her back to me. Whenever Zeref would come and see me she would fly away or hide deep in the caves so she wouldnt be able to hear my screaming or hear my thoughts, she looks back at my and fly's out of the cabin followed by Carla and Lilly.

"Your doing fantastic Luna, keep going." Ultear says to me.

I suddenly feel my body start to change, my hair starts to change so it now has blue highlights and my back tattoo starts to glow causing Ultear to look at me in shock. I fall back onto the ground and Natsu, Erza and Ultear come running to me asking me a billion different questions.

"What happened to me..." I ask weakly.

"It would seam that your Second Origin is larger than your original origin. But its still not fully unlocked, would you like me to continue?" She asks me.

"No, leave her alone. Cant you see she's been through enough!" Natsu says angrilly.

"Natsu.." I say looking at him. "I'll be ok. I want to be strong to help Fairy Tail become number one again." I say standing up.

Natsu looks at me and then places a hand on my shoulder.

"Lets do this together, Ultear can you do it to more than one person?" He asks.

"Are you sure?" She asks.

Natsu gives his big goofy smile.

"I'm all fired up!"

The symbols again come onto my body and this time Natsu's body, I brace my self for the pain and then fall to the ground writhing in pain. Natsu then follows suit and collapses crying out in pain, I look over to him and then everything fades to black.