Chapter 35

Luna POV:

While Natsu and I were out on the town Yukino met up with the other guild members, mainly Lucy, Wendy, Carla and a few other girls. She offered to give Lucy her two keys which were Pieces and Libra, but Lucy denied taking her keys because the bond between a spirit and key holder is so strong. But then they met up with her again later in the day and she'd joined the military, she was kicked out of her guild when she lost her match and apparently Natsu went and fought them while I was asleep. And now they need the magic of the twelve zodiac keys to power this gate which will take them back in time so they can kill Zeref and Acnologia.

"Wait, you want to kill my dad? But if you kill him in the past....what will happen to me?" I ask gulping slightly.

"We don't know, maybe you'd still be living with me and the others since it was a dark guild who worshiped Zeref that destroyed our home." Mirajane says wrapping an arm around me.

"But...he's my dad...." I whisper and Natsu places a hand on my shoulder.

"Just think everyone, if Acnologia wasn't alive we couldn't have Luna. She would be different if she never lived with her father, not only her but all of history would be different because he never existed. I can understand Zeref but Acnologia might be different, he was different when he wasn't controlled by Zeref so do we really need to kill him?" He says and everyone thinks for a second.

"Maybe he'd be good and would be able to train you like the other dragons?" Lucy says placing a hand on her chin in thought.

"Maybe..." I say nodding my head.

There is a knock on the door and Gajeel walks in, he looks a little green and then I remember what happened to him. He was nocked into a cart by Natsu and must have spent the past day trying to get back from wherever he went, Natsu wraps an arm around my shoulder pulling me close into his chest as Gajeel walks over to us.

"Hey lovebirds you need to come with me, Wendy you too." He says holding his stomach.

"Why whats wrong?" I ask confused.

"I found something and I think your going to want to see this, follow me." He says and Natsu, Wendy and I stand up to follow him.

"I wanna come!" Lucy yells running after us.

As we walk down from the bedrooms we bump into Grey and the Exceeds who also decide to come with us, guess everyone is a little curious to what Gajeel has found. He leads us to a deep cavern which leads us deep into the earth, as we walk the air becomes damp and the surroundings are eerie. 

"What is this place Gajeel?" Wendy asks holding Carla tightly in her small arms.

"Just keep walking and you'll find out." He says in a gruff voice.

We keep walking for about ten more minutes and suddenly huge white stones come into view, but as we get closer I see that they aren't stones. They are huge skeletons, with massive bones. 

"Gajeel?" Lucy questions.

"Do you know what bones these are?" He asks. 

I guess he already knows the answer but wants to see if we can guess it, I walk away from Natsu and begin to run my hands over some of the bones. I move alone them and then come to what looks like the skull, I tilt my head to try and see it from a different angle and then I gasp.

"Its a dragon!" I yell looking at the others.

"Yep, found these when Natsu pushed me in the kart." He says and his face pales. "When I eventually woke up I was here and found all the different bones, its a dragon graveyard." 

"A gr...Graveyard?" Wendy stutters and then begins to shake from fear.

"Don't worry Wendy, they're all dead. They can't hurt you." I say but I'm a little scared too.

"Um maybe I can do something." Wendy states. "When Miss Porlyusica gave me the notes from Grandeeney I thought this spell was for attacking, but maybe I can use it to speak to the dragon spirits? Maybe we can also find out what happened here." 

"It can't hurt to try." Natsu says giving the small girl a soft pat on the head.

Wendy then steps forward and begins to draw a complicated magic circle on the ground, after she finishes she then asks us all to step back. She kneels down in the centre of the circle and presses her hands together, she then begins the spell.

"Wandering dragon souls, I would receive your voices. Milky Way!" She yells.

She's suddenly engulfed in a bright green glow as magic swirls around her. She then explains that she's looking for a strong wandering thought to try and communicate with it, she says that because the bones are so old the thoughts are faint.

"I found one!" She yells.

The magic then begins to spin quickly around the top of Wendy as she concentrates on the spell, the magic then begins to take shape. Large green hands and wings begin to form a huge green dragon! It roars mightily at us as we all jump back in fear. Natsu pulls me into his arms and I hold him close, we look at each other and smile a little but then turn our focus back to the dragon.

"Seeing that shocked look on human faces never gets old!" The dragon bellows. 

We all look up and come face to face with a bright green dragon, he looks down on us with his large green eyes and he looks like he could swallow us up in one bite. I take a step forward in awe of this dragon, in all my time with my dad we never saw any other dragons so seeing one like this right now is a little breathtaking. The dragon reached its head down and looks as if it was sniffing us, then he licked his lips.

"Are you my morning snack?" He asks with a sly grin.